Commuting special super powers

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,064
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
Being a commuter has given me special skills like ...

The ability to never wear the right clothes for the conditions
A sixth sense type ability for train timetables
A bottomless pit for a stomach - seriously people stare when witnessing an itboffin feeding frenzy
Complete disregard for looks & comments on what I'm wearing

But my favourite has to be ...

The ability to balance a dozen items such as food, drink, wallet, book, phone, keys on those tiny dropdown train seat trays.

Am I some kind of super hero, well yes!
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• rml380z
    rml380z Posts: 244
    I can cause trains to become faulty just by turning up at the station...
    itboffin wrote:
    The ability to balance a dozen items such as food, drink, wallet, book, phone, keys on those tiny dropdown train seat trays.

You manage to get a seat? Now, that is a commuter super power!
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...super hero indeed itboffin 8)

...my commute is like a military operation...I prepare everything the night before, food prepared, recovery drink powder measured out, kit laid out, change of clothes for work, cycling and specs ready...OCD big time...but in the morning it all pays off... :D
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • My super power is invisibility. :evil:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    itboffin wrote:
    Complete disregard for looks & comments on what I'm wearing

+1!
  • neilp2000
    neilp2000 Posts: 19
    ChrisLS wrote:
    ...super hero indeed itboffin 8)

...my commute is like a military operation...I prepare everything the night before, food prepared, recovery drink powder measured out, kit laid out, change of clothes for work, cycling and specs ready...OCD big time...but in the morning it all pays off... :D

Hope you don't mind me asking... how far is your commute to need recovery drink? I'm intrigued rather than dubious :D
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...20 rather hilly miles each way...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I'm doing a masshoof 4.5 miles each way at the moment but could still do with a massage, my right itb is super tight and sore
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.