Flippin' Horses and Tennis

fish156
fish156 Posts: 496
edited May 2011 in Pro race
So I've just settled down & logged in to Eurosport Player ready to watch today's lumpy stage of the Giro, normally on for an hour or so from 8pm. Instead there's Equestrian or Tennis. Ar$e!!! Now I'm in a dilemna as to whether to open today's spoilers thread, or try and sneak a peek at stage highlights that are scheduled for tomorrow morning.

:(

Comments

• sunburntknees
    sunburntknees Posts: 272
    Yeah, but if you wait until 9.15 then you get 45mins of highlights from yesterday's AToC stage which is obviously far more important and exciting than the Giro.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Remembered mid ride last night. Quick call home to ask the SO to record.

5.30 highlights are a joke. C'mon British Eurosport sort it out.
  • derbygrimpeur
    derbygrimpeur Posts: 822
    I've taken to Sky+ing the live coverage and then fast forwarding bits. The "highlights" is only the last hour of the live coverage anyway, they don't actually do any editing.
  • I've noticed/done likewise.
  • fish156
    They're at it again. Live Giro scheduled for 1pm but every channel is tennis.

:-(
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I don't mind so much when it's an event that's overrun...if I was a tennis fan i'd be pretty pissed off if they cut off to show cycling before the end. It also helps that at least it is a major event that they are showing.

What really gets my goat is when the previous event has finished but they show another 20 minutes of podium shots, interviews etc before they go to the cycling.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • fish156
    Yeah but they had Eurosport, Eurosport 2, HD and 5 extra channels all showing tennis.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I don't mind so much when it's an event that's overrun...if I was a tennis fan i'd be pretty pissed off if they cut off to show cycling before the end. It also helps that at least it is a major event that they are showing.

What really gets my goat is when the previous event has finished but they show another 20 minutes of podium shots, interviews etc before they go to the cycling.

Yeah that's annoying, but I'm guessing it's all required in the contract they sign to broadcast the stuff they do.