Shedding lbs without shedding £'s

13»

Comments

• jonnyashworth
    jonnyashworth Posts: 547
    Just managed to get my supersonics seated, filled with joes tubeless "stuff" and staying up first time (woohoo) they are currently sat on a bucket but we had a bit of rain here in devon and conditions out there are perfect...... How long till I can ride?
    Yeti SB66c 2013
  • gezzza
    gezzza Posts: 324
    ride them as soon as they hold some air
  • jonnyashworth
    I have. I'm running my conti's at 38 psi (not tubeless specific tyers). Should I do anything different regards pressures?
    Yeti SB66c 2013
  • jonnyashworth
    Sucessfully gone tubeless. Bit of a faff but hopefully many trouble frr miles ahead now.
    took the bike from 30.3 lbs to 29.5
    Gotta say its a noticeable difference, wheels spin up a lot better
    Would deffinately reccomend it now.
    Might have a look at the rotors next. Any advise on light upgrade?
    anyone tried the superstar flame rotors?
    Yeti SB66c 2013
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    KCNC ones are good, dunno what sizes you run though.
  • jonnyashworth
    I run a 203 up front and a 185 rear
    Yeti SB66c 2013
  • jonnyashworth
    actually rear is 180
    Yeti SB66c 2013
  • njee20
    That's KCNC out then.

Lightweight doesn't really go with those rotors!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Alligator discs are reasonably priced and at the lighter end of teh scale.

Letting air out the tyres will lighten the bike, but I wouldn't recommend it!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • jonnyashworth
    looked at the ashima rotors and I'm not overly convinced by the amount of breaking surface. I did however have a look at formula R1 rotors and they look alot better and they tend to look fairly bling on the bikes I've seen them on.
    Anyone used/used them?
    Yeti SB66c 2013
  • The Rookie
    Forget the amount of braking surface, if you halve the surface area you double the force per surface area and end up with the same amount of friction......

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • njee20
    They can eat pads though, I've noticed the wear is slightly faster on the KCNCs. Not a huge issue though, and no degredation in performance.
  • The Rookie
    They can eat pads up quicker, yes, due to the slight shaving affect as the pad distorts into the gap and the next leading edge shaves a little off.

Simon