MOJO HD - new build

bigkid
bigkid Posts: 32
edited April 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Here is my new baby:

IMG_4359.jpg

MOJO HD Large, FOX 36 RLC TALAS Fork, RP23 Shock, Full 2011 3x10 XT Group, Avid Elixer CR SL Brakes 203mm F 185mm R, HOPE Pro2 EVO Straight Pull / Flow wheelset, Easton Haven Carbon Bars, 2.35 Nevegals, Thomson Seatpost (Reverb coming), Thomson 70mm X4 Stem, ODI grips, Bioflex Carbon Saddle, DX Pedals.

Like this with Inner tubes and pedals - 13.5Kg

Since this photo I have had a few rides and it is awesome, all the cliches apply about climbing and descending. 160mm F/R travel and stiff like a w@nker's hanky. :lol:

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    NICE!!!!!! That is really sweet... though it needs a droppy post...
    I like bikes and stuff
  • booyaka
    booyaka Posts: 263
    lovely looking bike - i do lust after one of these frames!!

How are the bars? Very tempted to get some myself.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Niiiiiiiiice 8)

Once you've got the reverb fitted, that will be pretty much perfect, apart from those awful DX Pedals (nothing wrong with how they work, they're just fugly) and the fact I'd have gone for 2x10.

:lol:

T'is a bIoody nice looking bike though. Is it the "rubberized" one?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Lovely bikes.

my only negative would dump the tripple ring go double with some guides.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Welcome to the HD club :D it's very exclusive on here it seems, I think with yours that makes 3 of us :lol: bit burlier than mine, bet that rips the downs, needs dropper post tho IMO, not had my Joplin long and I love it already! :)
  • bigkid
    Thanks for the comments.

@Lawman - nice HD, I looked at yours just when I had decided on Black and it helped me feel pleased with my decision :lol:

Agree 100% on the dropper post, especially as I did not order a QR - doh! Fed up of using the allen key all the time.

I have now fitted a chain retainer on the chain stay that works a treat (not pretty) still deciding to go 2x10 or not...

The finish is a kind of almost painted / bare carbon - not easy to describe

Haven bars are very nice, unecessary, but nice
  • lawman
    Cheers mate :) I couldn't decide between the White and black myself, so glad I went for the black it's very classy, just wish it wasn't so matte, it's more grey than black in person, the clear coat they did on the original mojo would have been my ideal choice, it's a shame they don't offer this or the nuclear green of the sl for the HD. Afaik cwnt, they don't do the rubberised finishes anymore, and they were only available for the sl anyway.

2x10 is very personal, but IMO on a bike like a HD it's the best way to go, I never miss the higher 2-3 gears I'm without compared to a triple, and it looks alot better too.
  • bigkid
    Lawman - do you have a bash/guide with your 2x10 - would be interested to hear how well it works with a HD? What ring sizes did you go with?
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    Thats a bonkers frame! In a good way.. :D
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • lawman
    no bash or guide atm, chain doesnt seem to derail no matter how hard i push it, im running the front mech in a wierd position to make it work, so sometimes the chain hops over the middle ring, but other than that ive not hit the ring or had properly dropped the chain. size wise im running 38/24 TA specialites chainrings, works really well, still pedals fantastically, which cannot be said for alot of bikes when you convert from a triple to 2x10, imo for trail riding triples wont be long dead, tempted to run 1x10 on my hardtail later in the year to see how that goes too :)
  • reevie25
    reevie25 Posts: 254
    WOW! :D

That is sooooo nice! Love the matt frame, nice choice of components!
  • Dubzy
    Dubzy Posts: 123
    Simply gorgeous.
    Life's good

Boardman MTB Team
  • bigkid
    DSC00764.jpg

Update with a couple of new bits - Reverb, XTR Shadow Plus, Ice Spiker Pros

Still loving it :lol:
  • Zheka
    Zheka Posts: 42