Chinese titanium frame

dieselgeezer
dieselgeezer Posts: 231
edited May 2011 in Road buying advice
Don't seem to be able to find anything in the search section, all seems to be about carbon.
Has anyone dealt direct with a manufacturer from China & do they do made to measure as an option?
-- "I am but a spoke in the wheel of life" -- Ghandi

Comments

• appletrees
    appletrees Posts: 327
    Try XACD - they do do custom. I enquired about prices and IIRC they came in at about £400 or so...

But I then got a deal on something else. Others on here have used them.
  • lmk1
    lmk1 Posts: 95
    here's a link to an ebay seller
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/J-L-Titanium-road ... 41590391ec

i was tempted at one point. if you decide to buy let us all know what the frame's like
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    search around and you'll find peoples experiences on here and other forums. I looked at it fo a while when I thought I wanted a ti frame, and while people seemed to have generally good experiences I also seem to remember the frames werent featherweights when they arrived....
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    I've bought 3 frames from xacd (sold 1 and kept 2). I've not had a problem with them. They're
    not super light, but there again, I don't suppose all titanium frames are. Cheap as chips though.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I'm in the process of working-out the details for another custom frame from XACD/Xi'an. I've had a custom ti cross frame from them for over 5 years - it's taken all sorts of abuse and had no problems. You need a good eye for detail if going custom as you need to nail-down every detail.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..