Got a question for Cycling Plus experts? Ask it here!

13»

Comments

• pme27
    pme27 Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Im a ex mountining biker, and have been off my bike for a while now. I would like to start road cycling for fitness. Im looking at either a pinnacle dolomite 3 2012 model or a ribble 7005 Audax with shimano set, and would just like some advice as to which would be better for me. Im 5ft 5 tall, and have a budget of £650 max.

Thankyou for your advice in advance

Paul
  • Hi

I am stripping down a donor bike but can not identify these LOOK pedals. Would you know which model these are and what cleats they take?

Thanks
  • Not sure if this is the right section. But it's a question and I'm a beginner.

Will the 2013 Sora STIs work with standard V-Brakes? There are mixed opinions around the web. Here, on Bikeradar it says this about them:
    "The Sora levers can also be used with standard V-brakes, mountain and road cable discs, cantilevers and roller brakes thanks to a 'mode converter' chip at the lever pivot."

Is this just the flatbar version, drop bar or both?

Here is the full article:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/shimano-sora-and-tourney-2013-first-look-33204/

Thanks.
  • Hi Guys
    Im a road bike newbie & have done it the hard way & brought a Bianchi Via Narone
    frame with the in tention of kitting it out.

My only confusion is with the BB
    I know I need a 68mm English thread
    But what are all the different sizes 113mm 105mm ect
    I want to keep it all Campagnolo
    Is it to do with the brand of crank arm or how may rings
    on the drive train?

I did search for BB help but the search came up with nothing

Thanks in advance
  • :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:):):( :oops: :oops: :oops: :D

Quick question to all the experts out there! :mrgreen:

I wanted to know the best detergent to use on white cottons. Get back to me asap please :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    My question is ..........

Does this thread ever get read by an expert or anyone else for that matter ?
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • My question is ..........

Does this thread ever get read by an expert or anyone else for that matter ?
    Don't think there's been one single answer?
    Massive fail :D
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    if you read the first post
    We're after your cycling questions - we want your queries on bike and gear buying, training, nutrition, injury, racing...basically anything about bikes and biking. You can either post your question here or email us with the subject Reader Rescue at cyclingplus@futurenet.com

they are not answering them on here, it is for the Mag.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • HELP - I have just upgraded my bike from a much loved Felt F95 to a Scott Speedster 20
    The Felt was an 11-25 9 speed ear cassette and the Scott is a a 12-30 10 speed rear cassette - am I right in saying the Felt would be better on the hills having 11 as the lowest gearing???? I took the Scott out this week and really seemed to struggle on the hills that I normally fly up.
    Can I change the rear cassette on the Scott to an 10 speed 11-30, would this help me on the hills??? Would I need to change the chain or anything else.
    May thanks
    Andy
  • cyco2
    cyco2 Posts: 593
    Gingagimp wrote:
    Felt would be better on the hills having 11 as the lowest gearing???? I took the Scott out this week and really seemed to struggle on the hills that I normally fly up.

If you were climbing on the 11 sprocket you have not caught on with the idea of gearing. Next time try climbing on the 30.
    ...................................................................................................

If you want to be a strong rider you have to do strong things.
    However if you train like a cart horse you'll race like one.
  • HELP! I've just purchased a set of giant P-SLR1 wheels, they are used but in mint condition. I have a 2015 10spd giant defy advanced 2, my question is this: do I need to add a spacer on my new wheels? If yes, how do I know what mm spacer to use with my existing cassette?
    Thanks in advance.
    Gingagimp aka Andy