Rider down on Grosvenor Road near Vauxhall Bridge

sketchley
sketchley Posts: 4,238
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
Looked like he had been right hooked. He looked OK but shaken, hope he and the bike are OK. I would have stopped but plenty of people in front of me already had. To the three guys in front of me as we approached, shame on you for just filtering round the car and downed rider and carrying on, you could have at least stopped until the guy was up and road was clear.
--
Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5

Comments

• iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Hope he is ok!

On a side note, there are some f*cking lemmings on bikes now the sun is out, stop as no costs & riding around an accident is another level.
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    I saw that one I think. Rider looked ok and driver was out the car by the time I got there. Came to a stop but didn't see the original incident so I went on my way.

We must have been on the road around the same time. Were you in a red and white jersey today?
  • sketchley
    Yes that was me. Hybrid with a pannier.
    --
    Chris

• kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    Sketchley wrote:
    Yes that was me. Hybrid with a pannier.

I had a suspicion it was you having seen the photo. I saw your altercation with the moped douche. Not wanting to hijack the thread but I also replied to your rant...

This right hooky thing is a definite danger when traffic is slow moving as cars will turn across and maybe not see the quicker moving cyclist. I did see someone raise an arm in a similar situation last week. Looked like it was meant as a warning. Is that something that happens in road racing circles? Seems like a good idea to try to warn other riders of danger but that's assuming they're paying attention and know what to look out for which unfortunately isn't the case with noobs.
  • sketchley
    Agreed, I've only use cycling signals, other than left or right turn, twice, both on FNRttc when riding with appro 100 others. I've been thinking about using them on the commute as there are more and more cyclists. Perhaps if a few of us started the rest would follow......

Anyway nice to meet you. Say hi next time.
    --
    Chris

• flamite
    flamite Posts: 269
    hey, this happened right infront of me, i stopped to move the guys bike onto the pavement and check the cyclist, they were exchanging details, so i left my card, hope cyclist is ok, you seemed ok! blatant car not looking and cyclist went flying over bonnet, quite a spectacle...

to the other riders, so impatient, when someone is down, hope you never get knocked off!!

Sketchley, think i saw you having a rant with the scooter, he was being a twunt, but are they not allowed in the cycle lane? i am not sure... i sped between you both as you were gesticulating at eachother (was in yellow/green top on blue dolan fg....)
  • sketchley
    M/Cs are not allowed in cycle lane there due to solid white line. His argument was that I should have been in the cycle lane and not on the road. I was pointing out the error of his ways......
    --
    Chris

• flamite
    flamite Posts: 269
    yes i agree that they shouldnt be, but sometimes there is a dotted line, or even no line at all and just blue paint... it can get quite confusing - but we have every right to be on the road!

He was just a chunky angry man on a hairdrier... best leave those little madams to themselves!