Can't sleep again

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
:cry:

I wouldn't mind but its now early enough to think about my commute. My hayfever is so bad I absolutely cannot get the underground without some measure of pain and I'm sure the other passengers won't want me sneezeing from South Wimbledon to Moorgate (45mins). But if I'm grogy then cycling may not be the sensible option.

Oh hum. Legs are gonna feel heavy in the morning anyway.

Something must be seriously troubling me for me to go without this much sleep....

:cry:
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Oddly enough I couldn't sleep Sunday night ended up have 2 hours all night
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    antihistamines?

im "proper" allergic to cats, the type of allergy that make my eyes stream with tears, causes my throat to swell so its similar to an asthma attack an i get snotty nose too

take an antihistamine first thing in the morning an im fine.

if you do decide to try some, i get the chemists own brand, i get 30 tablets for 2.60 as appose to "clarityn" (branded) for £3 for 7 tablets

Loratidine seem to work best for me
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Fortunately don't suffer hayfever, but I've not slept for two and a half years since my accident which caused shoulder damage.

Despite having it fixed, I still can't sleep - wake in pain every night. I'm trying some herbal natrasleep tablets, and they seem to work if you get to bed within 30 mins of taking them, but seem to wear off by 4:00am.
  • jeremyrundle
    jeremyrundle Posts: 1,014
    mudcow007 wrote:
    antihistamines?

im "proper" allergic to cats, the type of allergy that make my eyes stream with tears, causes my throat to swell so its similar to an asthma attack an i get snotty nose too

take an antihistamine first thing in the morning an im fine.

if you do decide to try some, i get the chemists own brand, i get 30 tablets for 2.60 as appose to "clarityn" (branded) for £3 for 7 tablets

Loratidine seem to work best for me

:!: Free by prescription :!:
    Peds with ipods, natures little speed humps

Banish unwanted fur - immac a squirrel
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heads.html
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861

isn't a prescription about £7 odd though?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    mudcow007 wrote:

isn't a prescription about £7 odd though?

Not at JR's age :wink:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo