Skills training at Swinley?

nozzac
nozzac Posts: 408
edited May 2011 in MTB general
I see Gorrick have skill training on their website. http://www.gorrick.com/training

Has anyone ever done any of these courses and have an opinion?

Comments

• Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    Can't say anything about whether they're good or bad. I will, however, make a counter suggestion that you consider UK Bike Skills (google for the website or PM jedi on the forums) as I HAVE had coaching from Jedi and am very happy with the outcome.
  • Jedi
    Jedi Posts: 827
    Atz, thanks for the recommend. how's the riding been since? :)
  • nozzac
    nozzac Posts: 408
    Do you come over to Swinley Jedi? It's just super convenient being right on my doorstep.
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    If numbers are an issue for the Jedi, i could persuade at least 1-2 more people to come do it too.
  • Atz
    Jedi wrote:
    Atz, thanks for the recommend. how's the riding been since? :)

Better but still have some mental issues to overcome. I'm getting a mental block on new stuff I'm riding that is less technical than stuff I ride regularly for some reason but I'm getting there, albeit slowly. Drop mojo seems to have evaporated but if I can pop back one Sunday I'll get my head together on them again.
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    I did a one on one skills course through Gorrick and it was totally excellent, I would definitely recommend Andy the bike trainer.
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • Atz
    Is that Andy Guerin from Purple Bike Shed? Nice bloke, he worked on my bike a few years back and gave me a lot of helpful maintenance/workshop tips. Not had coaching though
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    that's him, can't praise him enough, I had a brilliant time and felt I learned a great deal
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • Jedi
    Jedi Posts: 827
    nozzac, i don't come to swinley.
    i coached andy from purplebikeshed myself on saturday at my place.