Mudguards for Carrera Gryphon disc.

father_jack
father_jack Posts: 3,509
edited May 2011 in Commuting general
As title want permently fixed full length guards.
Say... That's a nice bike..
Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)

Comments

• father_jack
    actually what I might do is put the existing guards I have on the Carrera, and buy new ones for my tourer. I've seen Topeak and they have a rubber flap on the front, been looking for a set with this.

I've had a look at the Carrera, the eyelets are below the disc calipers. Will this be a problem?
  • tptvmbircn
    tptvmbircn Posts: 782
    all i do is put a few nuts on a longer bolt into the eyelet, so it misses the brake then true the guard central
  • father_jack
    Would need mudguard with rubber flap on the front one.
  • tptvmbircn
    drill, pop bottle m5 nut and bolt, you can get creative and usually costs £0 using spares around the house
  • father_jack
    ok will do that, don't think I have a spare old MTB tyre. Not allowed to take something from one from tip? :(

could ask bike shop I suppose.
  • tptvmbircn
    yeah good idea a bit tyre also, i normally see them lying around on commutes should'nt be too hard to find :)
  • Mr P
    Mr P Posts: 548
    I had to butcher the stays to get a pair of sks chromoplastic on my Gryphon disc. The rear ones then got mullered when the rear mech got caught in the spokes and went for a spin. When I rebuild it I will use these, as they only have the one stay that will fit nicely below the brake callipers.....
    http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/116264.html
  • If it is one of the newer carrera gryphons they should have eyelets on the frame that allow the mounting of mudguards without having to jerry rig it around the brake caliper. By the newer ones the model with a grey fork and not a black one.
  • chilling
    chilling Posts: 267
    I've just put a set of sks chromoplastics on my Scott with disks. They fit fine apart from having to trim the stays to length. The bike does have brazed on mounting points. They look really nice in white to match the frame. They also have the flap on the front too.

I'm not sure I'd want the single stays for a permanent fix.
  • The mudguard eyelets are on the inside of the seatstays just before the dropout.