Practical bike stuff for the ladies

frances27
frances27 Posts: 3
edited May 2011 in Road buying advice
What do you wear, or would like to wear? Its all designed for men, but with ladies sizing. I'm finding it hard to find something suitable - I'm not overly generouse (a 12) but would like something that covers my derriere. cyclopedic.co.uk does some nice stuff, but would a tennis dress over cycling shorts work? :o
Specialized Dolce Sport 27

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    The person to ask about what women should wear on bikes is called Aggieboy, you'll find him in the cakestop ....or in a pub in the east end drowning his sorrows....or in a supermarket in birmingham.!!!
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • lardboy
    lardboy Posts: 343
    If you pop over to the London Fixed Gear and Single Speed forum, www.lfgss.com there's a ladies section with people who should be able to point you towards some decent stuff. Be warned, they're a feisty bunch over there, but the ladies section is a little more civilised.

Edit: Just checked, there's a 7 page thread on women specific cycling clothes. Should be an idea or two in there.
    Bike/Train commuter: Brompton S2L - "Machete"
    12mile each way commuter: '11 Boardman CX with guards and rack
    For fun: '11 Wilier La Triestina
    SS: '07 Kona Smoke with yellow bits
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited May 2011
    double post
  • Anonymous
    Castelli (my fave manuf) actually do a cycling 'tennis dress'. It looks mint.

Edit- can't find it now! :(
  • H*Bomb
    H*Bomb Posts: 10
    Assos do some rather fetching ladies bib shorts - although they are somewhat pricey!
  • Anonymous
    Here! It even has a pair of matching padded shorts...

It's called the Melbourne.

MelbourneDress1-vi.jpg
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Castelli (my fave manuf) actually do a cycling 'tennis dress'. It looks mint.

Edit- can't find it now! :(

How do you find it on a windy ride? Does it flap around much? :wink:
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    stella mccartney has teamed up with adidas to create some stuff for women.