*Warning* some embarrassing Revolution setup questions

ljs1977
ljs1977 Posts: 247
edited May 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Right

This is the first "proper" mountain bike I have had with good suspension and I think that I may not be getting the best out of them as they felt better than the spring forks I had on my Rockhopper straight away.

They are Rev RLT Dual position 150's on a cube stereo

Could some kind person in the know run though what i should be doing to set them up propoerly including where these things are and a sequence of events.

i.e. Pumped my forks up to a PSI which gives me 30% sag. But I dont even know where the -ve pressure point is on them :oops:

The gate?
The rebound
Fast compression slow compression ?

I would like them to be plush.

Cheers :D

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Revalation?

which?

Dual air ? had a read on the topic in the FAQs.

and the rest is personal.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • ljs1977
    Good point Nick - amended
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    If they're dual air then the negative valve is on the same side as the positive valve, on the bottom of the leg.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • googe is your friend, go to the manufacturers website and have a look, most likely be a full guide there, the tf tuned website also has a good help section
    I recon im the tinyest horse you will ever see
  • ljs1977
    Last question

At the bottom of my fork where the -ve pressure point is supposed to be there is a hex bolt.

I assume that this means that my forks are single air?
  • nicklouse
    ljs1977 wrote:
    Last question

At the bottom of my fork where the -ve pressure point is supposed to be there is a hex bolt.

I assume that this means that my forks are single air?

dual position air? only one valve.

service vid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT_JfK0pZfA

tec manual
    http://www.sram.com/_media/pdf/rockshox ... Manual.pdf
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • ljs1977
    P1000903.jpg
  • ljs1977
    The bolt on the bottom shown in the above picture, looks well.... like a bolt.

Is the -ve pressure point under this or is it.....a bolt?

Cheers
  • nicklouse
    just a bolt.

solo air
  • ljs1977
    You are the man!

I have been all over the internet, been through every picture and manual I could find and at no point could I find what a -ve pressure point looks like.

Why to RS have so many bloody variations on the same theme!

Great help cheers.
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    Like Nick said the Revelation Dual Position Air are solo air forks so you've set the sag up. The rest of the adjustments is rebound with the red knob at bottom of leg and compression with the blue dial/lever at the top. It also has a floodgate the small dial on top of the compression dial which I've never set on mine. The lever on the air valve side is for dropping the fork 30mm for climbing etc.