Recommendation for a torque wrench

Wrath Rob
Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
edited May 2011 in The workshop
Anyone got a recommendation for an accurate torque wrench? I've got a big one for jobs on the car but I'm not sure its that accurate at ~5Nm and under, i.e. just the range that I'll need for ensuring I don't crush carbon tubes.
FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    The BBB one is reckoned a good balance between quality and cost. I have one - it's nice. Has a proper calibration certificate.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Wrath Rob
    thisthe one?
  • rolf_f
    That's it! There was a review in one of the magazines last year which rated it very highly and plenty on here seem to like it (me included!)

There seems to be another version out now (which may be a replacement model) - Ribble are doing them for £46. http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-t ... Googlebase

Can't comment on that one but I daresay it is much the same.
  • Wrath Rob
    Thanks, but Ribble is out of stock. Will keep an eye out
  • gs3
    gs3 Posts: 249
    This one from Giant is pretty much exactly the same as the BBB one and at a similar price to the Ribble one!
  • rolf_f
    gs3 wrote:
    This one from Giant is pretty much exactly the same as the BBB one and at a similar price to the Ribble one!

The Ribble one is a BBB one but the Giant does indeed look like the original BBB one. Either can probably be found a little cheaper with a bit of googling.