Etape Caledonia 2011's Most Popular Manufacturer

It's not often you get 5,000+ bikes in one place, so for a bit of fun (and for all you frame-tarts out there), what's the most popular manufacturer at this year's Etape?

And for a bit more fun, what rarified bling did you spot? In my twitcher's diary;

Pinarello Dogma 60.1
Ridley Noah
Cervelo RS (or R3?)
S-Works Roubaix Elite SL3

And of course the Wilier Cento Uno Di2 on show in ye bike shoppe.... 8)
"Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
Mark Twain

Comments

• thecrofter
    thecrofter Posts: 734
    My impression was every other bike I passed :D was a Spesh, but I saw a large number of Boardman's too
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • Blacktemplar
    Blacktemplar Posts: 713
    Hmmm... good point crofter, I'd forgotten about the plethora of Boardman's - I have to confess to mixed feelings - seemingly very good bikes, but indelibly assocciated with Halfrauds. I guess it's a bit of "Skoda/VW" badge-snobberry :wink:
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I saw my bike's twin :D
  • Pigtail
    Pigtail Posts: 424
    I saw my bikes twin - where they had been impacted by TTTS.

It had to be the biggest frame possible.
  • Trinafour
    Trinafour Posts: 36
    I saw a Candy Pink Planet-X and not forgetting a Dawes Tandem!

And Plenty of Giants, but i'm biased there (currently).
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    At the finish left my Sunday (2007 vintage) with blue decals with my partner whilst I dived for the loo (non stop ride so bursting :oops: ) and returned to find she was stood by brand new Sabbath version also with blue decals. Quite a rare moment as there weren't that many Ti bikes of any description, let alone the understated frame of choice of the discerning sportivist! :wink:
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • SurosaRider
    SurosaRider Posts: 31
    it was a drool fest. Don't know if it's because they always catch my eye but I saw a lot of Cervelos about. Chapeau to the guy on the lovely red 1980s Rossin SL with the chrome seat/chain stays - lovely.
  • themightyw
    themightyw Posts: 409
    Bumped into my bike's twin a couple of times two - black / white / blue Madone 4.5. Have to say I noticed shed loads of Treks, but Spesh and Boardman were prob 1 and 2 respectively.

Wish I'd got my 63 Harry Quinn prepared in time!
  • Jonny7c
    Jonny7c Posts: 35
    I'd definitely say specialized were the top brand on show. Didn't see the twin of the bike I was on but did see a beige Dawes Giro 300 circa 1990 vintage exactly the same as the one I trundle to work on every day so hats off to the guy that carted that round the course!
  • AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    Spesh seemed the order of the day but some nice exotica on show! :D

Nice to see the Cervelo crew out and some lovely colnago's.

:)
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk