North Wales Riders help needed

Gizmokev
Gizmokev Posts: 146
edited May 2011 in MTB rides
Hello and good morning to all you fellow riders in the lovely area of Llandudno and its surrounding areas.

I am looking to find anyone who is going out riding soon so that I can tag along and discover some routes in the area. I obviously know of the Marin trail, Penmachno and such but as of yet have not ridden any of them.

Thing is my mate who was going to become my riding buddy has lost his mojo for the sport and hence I find myself buddyless.

Can you or anyone you know help a fellow rider in need of a buddy to ride with.

Here is hoping you guys can help :D

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Sure. The trail centres in NW are Penmachno, Marin, Coed y Brenin and Llandegla, and that's abotu it really.
    There's lots of natural stuff though, just head out into the hills and see what you find.

There's a brand new mountain biking club just starting out, "Clwb beicio mynydd Eryri". It's very early days at the moment, with several things still being worked out, but there are regular(ish) group rides, and a few users welcoming anyone to come join them.
    Do a facebook search for them, might be a good place to start.
  • Gizmokev
    Have you heard about the new DH track being built near Betws???? Looking very nice and certainly worth a trip once its been cleared by the forestry commission to ride
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Forestry commision? What forestry!
    One of my mates is partially responsible for it, so yes, I have heard! :D
    Not sure what I'm supposed to share and what is secret yet though. But, they're hoping construction will be finished by October (which does seem rather optimistic in my eyes)
  • Gizmokev
    One of my mates is partially responsible for it, so yes, I have heard! :D
    Not sure what I'm supposed to share and what is secret yet though

It can be our little secret then....:);)

I walked it the other day after work and boy it looks fast and scary....