Which bar tape?

FoldingJoe
FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
edited May 2011 in Road buying advice
Guys,

I took delivery of my Ribble Sportive last week, and am already looking to replace the Deda bar tape.

Would like to stick with Silver, so I am currently considering Cinelli Treasure tape.

Anyone used this and got any comments.

Also, can anyone recommend some good bar tape, available in silver, for around £20?

Thanks,
FJ
Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807

Comments

• B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
  • Keith1983
    Keith1983 Posts: 575
    please, please, please do not use bike hut tape. I'm sure you wouldn't anyway but I used some and although me being a bit of a novice it is awful stuff! Replaced it with some easton stuff after 2 days.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I find the standard Deda cork Ribble use is comfortable and doesn't show the dirt.........
    Faster than a tent.......
  • B3rnieMac wrote:

I have this on my Fuji (Red and Black version,) awesome stuff.

+1
  • tremayne
    tremayne Posts: 378
    Would go along with everything said on Fizik bar tape. Have tried many sorts and can honestly say that Fizik is the best I've come across. The one I'm mostly using is the Microtex Dual. It's more padded than standard microtex and better still, the stiching makes it a piece of cake to put on - enables you to keep a very measured distance between each wrap (ie just lay the next wrap next to the stitched line - and voila!). At least one pro team that I'm aware of also uses Fizik micotex dual (mention just on basis that those guys do multiple hours at a time).
  • mjgoodhand
    mjgoodhand Posts: 34
    I really like Cinelli Gel Cork, the feel and padding are great in my opinion. There is one big drawback in that it gets dirty very easily (I am a bit of a tart and like white tape).

Has anybody tried wrapping microtex over the top of Cinelli Gel Cork? I think I might give this a try when next need some clean tape.