RP23 - Pro pedal

J273
J273 Posts: 382
edited May 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Does anyone use the pro-pedal on their RP23?

Is the pro pedal only really used for up-hills or should i be pretty much using PP all the time -adjusting it between the 3 settings and then opening it up on the downs?

Ive got my sag set correctly and am never use PP but im finding the shock soo bouncy and throwing me out the seat.

For those of you with a rp23 how many clicks of rebound do you use?

Thanks

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You need to set up rebound for yourself, riding styles, conditions and physiology differ too much.
    I just use propedal on road links and long easy fireroad climbs. But I don't get much bob anyway.
    If you are getting bounced you either need more rebound (increased damping), less compression (softer ) or more practise.
    Start on a middle setting and work from there.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    Personally I run the rebound on my RP23 4 clicks from fully closed position but that is with 230 PSI in the shock on a single pivot bike.

As cooldad has said it depends on riding style, rider weight, suspension design etc. RP23s also come in different states of tune so there's no magic setting that will work for everyone.

If your getting kicked off dial in another click of rebound, if it still kicks dial in another and so on until you are no longer being kicked off, simples.

Propedal is usually reserved for climbs, smooth tarmac etc

Have a watch here

http://www.foxracingshox.com/protune/shocks.php