Giro Replacement helmet

Mccraque
Mccraque Posts: 819
edited May 2011 in MTB general
Stupidly, I was tearing through our local singletrack, didn't see a low branch and nearly took my bonce off with a low hanging branch. managed to whiplash myself. Got home to find that I have split the Giro Athlon into 3 pieces...is now just held together by the shell!

Does anyone know what (if any) Giro's replacement policy is? Do they do a deal if you send the old one back?

Thanks

Comments

• ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    almost as expensive as a new one anyway some of them!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Ah, cheers for that!

I'd looked it up via Giro's main site and even going via the European page it just said it was for US customers only.

Sadly it only gives a replacement for the same helmet, whereas I want to trade up from my old Havoc to a Xen which I think is far more suitable for the kind of stuff I do.

Okay I could get the replacement and then sell it, but looks like I'd get a Phase for £35 as being the equivalent to the old Havoc, and it seems you can find these for just over £30 to £45 on the net anyway. Likely selling it myself I'd only get £30 to £35 so not worth it.

Also notice it's just for those up to 3 years old. I know Giro say to replace after 3 years anyway (why?), but I'm sure some others do lifetime crash replacement. Highly likely I've lost my original receipt also.
  • Mccraque
    Mccraque Posts: 819
    brilliant...thanks Rick