Cav on the BBC today.

seanoconn
seanoconn Posts: 11,631
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
On the breakfast news, repeated during the morning, climbing mount Etna on a training ride with the BBC sports guy. And cav is the subject of olympic dreams at 1pm.
Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי

Comments

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    edited May 2011
    Cheers, just switched on and saw it. Interesting they showed him climbing a mountain, just shows the difference between a pro that can't climb very well and your average Joe!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Flamez
    Flamez Posts: 105
    And cav doesnt climb that well....
    Condor World Series 2012
    Boardman Team 2011
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,631
    The BBC guy was descibing Cav as one of the fastest in the world then mentioned he's currently lying 170 something in the giro d'italia, He didin't mention anything about him being a sprinter and not a climber. Wouldn't sound very impessive to people not in the know.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    I thought this was going to be about the mystery disease which is threatening to wipe out the Cavendish
  • secretsqizz
    secretsqizz Posts: 424
    seanoconn wrote:
    On the breakfast news, repeated during the morning, climbing mount Etna on a training ride with the BBC sports guy. And cav is the subject of olympic dreams at 1pm.

without more like
    good pr for 'lardy' mamils, I suppose
    you'd have thought they might have mentioned
    dont ride like a constipated farmer
    and give him a bike that fitted
    and gave him some idea how to change gear
    My pen won't write on the screen
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Pro bike rider faster than a reporter. Shockarooney! :roll: :wink:

I thought it was an honest report that had Cav telling the truth re the importance of the Olympics within cycling.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    seanoconn wrote:

without more like
    good pr for 'lardy' mamils, I suppose
    you'd have thought they might have mentioned
    dont ride like a constipated farmer
    and give him a bike that fitted
    and gave him some idea how to change gear

Yepp, the guy talked like he was a cyclist...until he got on the bike. Blimey, he looked funny, wobbling all over the place with legs like a cowboy, churning slowly like a milkmaid, laughable squat position, climbing like a goat with 3 legs. The bloke from the beeb wasn't much better.
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    Doesn't make up for their woeful coverage of cycling on teletext and online. We are well into the Giro d'Italia, two Brits have worn the pink jersey and what do we get when we delve down into the general sport category? 'Sky deny drug wrongdoing'. *%@£%%.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    Doesn't make up for their woeful coverage of cycling on teletext and online. We are well into the Giro d'Italia, two Brits have worn the pink jersey and what do we get when we delve down into the general sport category? 'Sky deny drug wrongdoing'. *%@£%%.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    They did bring the sprinting thing up after the report to be fair...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Jeez! Nodder squared.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I like Cav. He tells it like it is.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    I like Cav. He tells it like it is.

This. And he's fookin' funny! :)
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I thought one of the most telling things in the item was made by the journolist. Why has Cav not recieved any kind of "honour" like sir Chris Hoy.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    I thought one of the most telling things in the item was made by the journolist. Why has Cav not recieved any kind of "honour" like sir Chris Hoy.

Media luvvies like the Olympics. They just don't get the Tours.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    That reporter is the Saturday morning sport's guy who tries his hand at the sports he is covering.

To be fair to the guy he has covered cyclocross from Herne Hill and 'climbed' Mount Ventoux in the last year

Maybe he should just sit in the studio and give out the results?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!