Looking for a bike computer

richardabulmer
richardabulmer Posts: 89
edited May 2011 in Commuting general
Just bought a Carrera Fury.

i would like a new cycle computer to go on it, max budget £50. it doesnt have to be all singing & dancing, but it must have the ability to go onto a second bike.

if the unit comes with 2 bike fittings then double score

can you guys help?

thanks

Comments

• thelawnet
    thelawnet Posts: 719
    The Cateye Adventure, v2c and v3 come with two sensors I believe, and they automatically detect which is in use. But they are more than £50, so you are starting to get into GPS territory, which starts from about £125.

The Cateye Strada series have selectable tyre profiles, at a press of a button, but unfortunately the wireless sensor kits run to about £25, which is excessive IMO. You can get an Enduro 8 for £20 and then £10 for a second bike, but wired computers are a bit naff.

You're probably best off just buying two £25-£30 wireless computers and forget the faffing about with switching.

Or go GPS.
  • seadog12
    seadog12 Posts: 36
    Might be worth saving up a bit more and going for something like http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Forerunn ... pd_cp_ce_1 which is £109.

I know it's double your budget but it's well worth it - it has heart rate, you can buy a cadance sensor as an add on and you can even race yourself against previous activities.

When you get back from your ride you can plug it in to your computer and get data like this http://connect.garmin.com/activity/85292837 :)
  • pidism
    pidism Posts: 32
    Just bought a CATEYE VELO from Edinburgh cycles. £25. has all features I need:
    Current speed
    Max speed
    Average speed
    Clock
    Trip distance
    Total miles

It is wireless.

You could buy 2 for your budget and save swapping computers around.

Simples........ :D
  • cloggsy
    cloggsy Posts: 243
    Do you have an iPhone?

If so, buy the Cyclemeter app for £2.99!

Cheaper than any cycle computer :wink:
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Holux GPsport245 its £45 and its a GPS bike computer.

it will track where you have been too (which you can then upload into googlemaps etc

an there is no "faffing around" with setting your wheels sizes up etc

ive been using one since February an love it
    Keeping it classy since '83