Shimano deore m575 levers

men1pal
men1pal Posts: 29
edited May 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the metal levers from the lever body on these brakes? I have searched around the net but all I ever find when searching for m575 levers is the replacement lever unit. The reason I would like to try to remove only the metal levers from the unit is I wanted to spray them to match my bike and figured this would be a lot easier if I could take them off. I cant find anyone else thats done this though and the fact they dont sell just the lever on its own but the whole unit suggests its not ment to come off but I thought I would check here first. I cant tell for sure but it looks possibly like the pin that the lever pivots on has been pushed through and splayed at both ends. If so then ill just mask the body off.

Thanks in advance for any help

Peter

Comments

• Deputy Dawg
    Deputy Dawg Posts: 428
    Straightline do a lever blade set which is separate so I would assume so. Its pure assumption though as I haven't looked myself & the techdocs don't explode that far.
    Statistically, Six Out Of Seven Dwarves Aren't Happy
  • men1pal
    men1pal Posts: 29
    Cool. Thanks for the info. I looked at the tech doc previously but I presumed as the pin isnt exploded out it didnt come off. I think ill contact CRC and see if those levers would fit as as far as I know there are more than one type of deore level shimano brake (?) and the description doesnt specifically say m575. Thanks for your help though!
  • ThePriory1978
    ThePriory1978 Posts: 563
    I have M575 levers, and even tho the they are relatively loosely fitted to the body, just cos they are generally crap, i am pretty confident the levers are not designed to be and cannot be removed from the body.
    If you remove them you would have to fabricate your own split pin device to refit them and i wouldlt advise that as its a dangerous part to fail just to add a splash of colour to your ride.

Snot green Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x