High and Low speed compression adjustment on Rockshoxs forks

macs
macs Posts: 209
edited May 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
I have a set of RockShox Revelation 426 U-Turn (2006 model) and RS Reba Team 120 Maxle (2010) that I have decided I am going to fettle with this weekend to see if I can get them set up better than they are currently. I have found some guides on how to make adjustments on the forks but I'm unsure of how to make high and low speed compression adjustments. I know the blue dial at the top of the right hand fork leg makes an adjustment to the compression but does it affect the high speed or low speed compression? And how do I adjust the other? From the RS Manuals it says that the dial can be used to combat brake dive and squatting - does that mean that it adjusts the low speed compression? If so, how to adjust the high speed compression? Or is that factory set?

Both have Positive and Negative air chambers - does the negative air chamber make any difference to the compression? or just to the sensitivity of the fork in the first part of the stroke?

Sorry if some of this is very obvious but i don't have a brain that understands suspension too much.

Cheers

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The forks do not have high speed compression adjust - just low speed whicj is the blue dial. This, as the manual says, can be used to combat brake dive, bobbing and axcess compression in berms for example. When fully turned it locks out the fork, leaving a small amount of travel for traction. Setting the floodgate dial sets the force required to bypass the lock when you hit a bump. It then returns to locked.

The negative chamber if overly filled will suck the fork down.

Don't forget the rebound adjuster too