Horrendous breaking news story

Pross
Pross Posts: 43,185
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
Slight difference in the reporting, either way a horrible event but if the Mail version proves to be true and not just sensationalist journolism truly horrendous!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1386762/British-shop-assistant-head-cut-holidaymakers-packed-Spanish-resort.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13393694

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    'kin hell.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,090
    ! :shock:
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    That's unbelievable,I just cant get my head around it.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    The report I read said he stole a knife from the supermarket and then beheaded her with it. How big are the knives in Spanish supermarkets? :shock:

Pretty shocking story
  • I won't beheading to tenerife soon
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Ands wrote:
    The report I read said he stole a knife from the supermarket and then beheaded her with it. How big are the knives in Spanish supermarkets? :shock:

Pretty shocking story

I'm sure you can get big knifes in supermarkets....
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    freehub wrote:
    Ands wrote:

Pretty shocking story

Slainsburys? :oops:
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    The knives I've seen in supermarkets are usually encased in that kind of plastic that you need another knife to cut through!

Seriously though..incredibly shocking story, some of the news reports were keen to point out he was Bulgarian and seem to imply that makes it somewhat different.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    freehub wrote:
    Ands wrote:

Pretty shocking story

Slainsburys? :oops:

Haterose?
  • sandy hill
    sandy hill Posts: 390
    Unexpected item in the bagging area.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    SL Iceland?
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Absolutely horrifying, as is the death of a rider on the Giro but no one comes on here taking the p1ss out of a dead cyclist.

Have a bit of respect fellas.

I like a laugh like anyone else but I just cannot find any amusement in this event.

Sorry. :(
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • peter101cycle
    peter101cycle Posts: 298
    +1 Frank........

Haven't heard anything so shocking in a while......stabbings are frequent but beheading somebody you don't know, truly shocking.

Complete nutcase obviously.
    Summer - Dolan Tuono with Sram Force and Dura-Ace 7850 CL Carbon wheels
    Winter - old faithful Ribble winter bike
    SugarSync cloud storage referral link (better than DropBox atm imho) https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=mzo2tcrhm5gn
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Fair enough Frank. Of course it is terrible what has happened to this poor woman. I did not mean to make fun of her plight as such, more the availability of knives in supermarkets Still I can see how some people would find it in poor taste, so I apologise if I offended anyone. I was a bit like you recently when people tried to tell me 'jokes' regarding the disaster in Japan and I could not understand how they could try and find humour in such a tragedy.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    You're right Frank, some people really lost their heads on this one.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • BarryBonds
    BarryBonds Posts: 344
    youve got a bit of neck making a joke like that :lol:
  • BarryBonds
    right im hacked off with this thread too
  • On the radio there was an interview with a witness - a very laconic Brit. He was asked if there was anything about the culprit that suggested he was mad or anything. He replied;

"Well, he was a bit scruffy. Apart from that, the head was a bit of a giveaway."
  • oscar-j
    oscar-j Posts: 269
    he only went in for some shampoo.i hear he's still looking for the shoulders!
  • BarryBonds
    so theres no truth in the rumour she was re training as a sex worker and the giving head instructions werent translated very well then?
  • sandy hill
    sandy hill Posts: 390
    What was bang out of order was Ryan Air penalising the family when they flew the body back at short notice. Still at least they'll book ahead next time.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.