Epicon air fork rebound adjuster knob

nozzac
nozzac Posts: 408
edited May 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Anyone know where I can get one of these and whether it's safe to use the forks without the knob attached (ie will it leak or dirt get in or something?).

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Depnds were your riding, but I wouldn't get it too dirty as dirt can get into the narrow crevice between adjuster shaft and outer and cause issues, nothing will leak though.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    Funny you started this thread OP as I was about to ask the same question - mine fell off today, not sure how looks like it must have taken a knock.

Is it possible to replace at all?
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • nozzac
    I don't see why not. It seems like a fairly simple affair. I've plugged the hole and will be contacting the supplier to see if they will replace it.
  • Salsa
    Salsa Posts: 753
    Any shop that deals with Greyville should be able to get the part for you. As for the question about riding without the knob attached, give them a call as they are very helpful.
    https://www.greyville.com/contact_us
  • nozzac
    I contacted Suntour and they said it's available as a spart part - code: FKA 004-10 and also that riding without the knob is fine. A 3mm allen key inserted a few inches works to adjust the rebound. The knob is just the allen key plus the plastic knob to make it easy to adjust without a tool.

I've blocked the hole for the time being just to stop and muddy water getting up there and left it in the middle of the settings range until such time as a I get a replacement. No doubt when I do, I'll never adjust it again anyway!
  • waby1234
    Greyville stock the part, £5.95
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • nozzac
    Nice one. The collective power of the forum comes good.

So waby1234 - how are you finding the fork? So far I really like it. Fitting it shaved about 800g off my bike for starters and it rides more smoothly. It's too early to comment on the quality and durability but so far it seems like a great buy.
  • waby1234
    So far so good - I've only ridden a RockShox Dart 3, and rigid forks before, and the Epicon is great - I took it around Follow the Dog at Cannock this week and it was very controlled and comfortable. I'm going to play around with the set up a tad but I'm very impressed. Stops my arms getting so tired!
    2011 Carrera Fury