Ibiza

clarkey cat
clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
Where are the nice bits?

Planning a few nights there with the missus and want a decent hotel (5* if poss), away from the scrotes and only a taxi ride from some decent clubs and bars but generally somewhere pretty quiet. We are both in our 30s.

I've never been but I understand there are bits that are really minging and bits that are really nice.

Cheers

Comments

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    ive never been so can only say what people have said to me its like........Blackpool with "kiss me quick" hats

although i thought most of the 18-30 club things have moved on to somewhere else so its getting better there?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • clarkey cat
    I think that may be just one part of it Mudcow. From what I've heard other parts are really beautiful.
  • londonlivvy
    londonlivvy Posts: 644
    I briefly visited St Eulalia and it was pretty and quiet.

I'd suggest having a look at Mr and Mrs Smith - some of those places to stay sound lovely
    http://www.mrandmrssmith.com/destinatio ... nds/hotels
  • nation
    nation Posts: 609
    As far as I'm aware, the nasty bit is San Antonio, which is where you'll find the british pubs, nightclubs, and club 18-30 crowd.

The rest of the Island is apparently quite nice.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Yeah it's supposed to be beautiful and very quiet and untouched in parts. San Antonio is the chavvy bit. Never been though but heard very good things....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Went with my family years ago, and we stayed in Es Cana, which was quite nice, but a bit of a trek from the hustle and bustle.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    Hi,
    Can't really help, but a friend of mine who works for the RSPB has holidayed in the North, where there are apparantly some lovely wildlife reserves with interesting migratory birdlife- I'm no twitcher but this makes sense from a geographical POV, given that it's an island between Europe and Africa, so you can imagine that it's pretty popular as a stopover with feathered travellers!

Obviously a lot more to the Balearics than discos...

Cheers,
    W.
  • clarkey cat
    londonlivvy - thanks, I'm in contact with Les Terrasses which is St Eulalia. Looks perfect for what we are after. Cheers again.

Thanks all!
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    I think that may be just one part of it Mudcow. From what I've heard other parts are really beautiful.

it was a fishing town so im told before it was a ravers paradise. like you say im almost certain there are gorgeous parts too.

where abouts are you thinking of going?
    Keeping it classy since '83