I've found a new profession!!!

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
Watch this

Pheonix Jones

More on Pheonix Jones

I'm gonna get me a suit of lycra with a kevlar and carbon fibre (in places) underlay, fashion a couple of d-lock derived weapons - possibly nunchunk-esque, black bicycle helmet and call myself 'Urban Domestique'.

Then when I come across a crime no single Superhero can take, I'm gonna call all the Superheroes in England like:

The Statesman

Angle-Grinder man

And Night Warrior - he's really cool!

I would get this guy but he scares me....

And we'll form a team like no other! I will call it The Peloton

It's gonna be awesome.

Oh and my sidekick will be called 'The Rouleur'
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Your utility belt should contain:

- ibuprofen. Lots of ibuprofen.

- some plasters and bandages.

- a mobile phone with (a) BUPA's emergency hotline; (b) your solicitor's phone numbers on speed dial.

- a change of underwear.

- a toothbrush.

- a soap on a rope.

What could go wrong? :wink:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    This will end badly. Please see batman thread.....
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    and call myself 'Urban Domestique'.

He's gonna clean-up this town.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    and call myself 'Urban Domestos'.

FTFY
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • JonGinge wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

FTFY

I was going for the more subtle, French language joke. Domestique can also mean "French Maid", which conjures up some frankly terrifying mental imagery when used in conjunction with DDD.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    JonGinge wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

FTFY

I was going for the more subtle, French language joke. Domestique can also mean "French Maid", which conjures up some frankly terrifying mental imagery when used in conjunction with DDD.

You should know that subtle and intellectual doesn't cut it on this forum. Stick to the nob jokes please.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    How long until one of those Yanks gets shot in the head? I don't think balaclavas are bullet proof.

My foiling of a mugging in Brixton a few weeks back would have been a cool bit of crime fighting if I had been dressed like an idiot and didn't have to rush off to catch the train.
    In my mind, the muggee (a lovely looking young lady) was overwhelmed with admiration & lust and thinking "What a guy!" as I carried on to the train station to catch the last train home by 20 seconds.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Domestique can also mean "French Maid", which conjures up some frankly terrifying mental imagery when used in conjunction with DDD.

Ooooh, that reminds me - must see what's new on French Maid TV :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    And on another note - in the 2011 Census the following jobs are no long included

Dobber - a loom machine worker in the cloth industry
    Dobber in - someone who dips something in a solution – such as a candlemaker’s assistant
    Trolloper - a fisherman or shrimper
    Looker - someone in charge of sheep
    Belly man - a piano maker who makes the shell and interior of the piano
    Sagger maker - a maker of fireclay container in the pottery industry
    Bottom knocker - a pottery worker who assists the sagger maker
    Clobberer - repairs, cleans up and presses second hand clothes ready for re-sale
    Alley dasher - a factory worker who sweeps up between the machines
    Ankle beater - a child employee who drives cattle to market
    Navigator - a boatman, later a general labourer digging ditches, building canals and later railways (navvy)
    Planker - a hat making worker
    Scummer - someone whose work entails skimming the surface of a liquid (such as jam) to remove impurities
    Wuzzer - someone who dries out wet wool in the weaving industry by whirling it around
    Snob (snobscat) - a high class book repairer
    Bodger - a forest worker who makes chairs, spars, spindles and other furniture items from uncured wood
    Scutcher - an 18th century flax worker who beats the flax with a large blade
    Butty - a contract negotiator and supplier of labour
    Bluffer - a publican
    Billy piecer - a wool mill worker who collects broken yarn and joins it
    Backwasher - someone who passes wool slivers through a back-washing machine which reconditions them by adding oil to cleanse and improves their colour
    Blubberer/blubberman - someone who stretches seal skin on a trestle or beam and scrapes blubber from the flesh side, by hand, with a two-handled knife
    Carrotter - someone who applies mercury nitrate to the fur side of rabbit skin with a brush to dissolve natural grease in the fur to make the fibres stand out separately
    Wharfinger - a docker or dock owner
    Fell monger - a dealer in dead cattle/hides
    Cordwainer - a shoemaker, once a leather worker using high quality Cordovan leather from Spain for such things as harness, gloves and riding boots
    Gongman - a porter who sounds an electric gong on the platform and in refreshment rooms of a station, to warn passengers of the arrival and departure of a train
    Head clerk - work which frequently combines the duties of head bookkeeper and chief cashier; or someone who acts as deputy to manager or proprietor, answering correspondence in their name, interviewing travellers and callers, and so on
    Pug hunter - someone who controls the distribution of journeys of empty trains to various working districts
    Smearer - someone who applies oil or grease to the surface of leather
    Wizard - an entertainer who exercises the skill of an illusionist and a conjurer to produce unexpected and illusionary stage effects

And here's some new ones

Airport fireman - a firefighter based at an airport
    Environmental psychologist - someone who investigates the relationship between people and their physical environment and applies what they learn to the planning, design and operation of areas such as public spaces, social settings and built environments
    Forensic accountant - an accountant involved in work relating to engagements resulting from actual or anticipated disputes or litigation
    Pole dancer - one who performs in public using a pole as an integral part of the performance
    Abseiler - someone who descends down a nearly vertical face by using a doubled rope that is wrapped around the body and attached to some high point
    Leakage technician - someone responsible for trying to locate leaks in the water network
    Feng shui consultant - someone who positions objects, especially graves, buildings, and furniture, based on a belief in patterns of yin and yang and the flow of chi that have positive and negative effects
    Reiki healer - energy therapy healer, achieved by looking, blowing, light tapping and touching to give energy
    Acoustician - an expert in acoustics

I always wanter to be a sagger maker's bottom knocker :D