tidymush
tidymush Posts: 7
edited May 2011 in MTB general
Ive cracked two of these on the chainstay near the BB! From pedal force only

Comments

• Devastazione
    Devastazione Posts: 280
    Welcome to the forum.

Don't worry man nothing's wrong,it's a Lapierre,it's supposed to crack :lol:
    Now go ahead and enjoy Lapierre's fine customer service :roll:
    Specialized Tarmac Sworks
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • tidymush
    Lol the good people at local shop sorting it for me
    jus want money back!
  • Devastazione
    I'm sure the good people at the shop will take care of that,the problem is you'll all be amazed the fine way Lapierre will handle this... :(
    Your money back ??? Not an option,you'll get your frame replaced and so long.
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    tidymush wrote:
    Ive cracked two of these on the chainstay near the BB! From pedal force only

:lol: Boll*cks
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    They dont call them crackpierre for nothing
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    common problem on snappieres
  • tidymush
    Another frame not an option! Bike sucks badly
  • Devastazione
    tidymush wrote:
    Another frame not an option! Bike sucks badly

Why you bought it in first place then ?? I've got an Xcontrol 910 and even if it cracked at least is one heck of a bike,I'm sure even the lower end 210 Xcontrol would have made a great ride for a great price (after the mandatory crack,of course.. :lol: ).
    Well if they give you money back take the money and run,I actually can't wait to get rid of this piece french shatz anyway,even if I love it.
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I've read on the internet that sometimes people have problems with bicycles.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,898
    cooldad wrote:

It's wiggles fault
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    leaflite wrote:
    They dont call them crackpierre for nothing

They don't call them crackpierre at all! That's rubbish! Doesn't trip off the tongue at all. Snapierre is the accepted version.

(if I ever own a bike company, it'll have a name that's been extensively tested by primary school kids to see if it can be turned into an insult. No Crack-n-fail for me!
    Uncompromising extremist
  • cooldad
    matthew h wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

It's wiggles fault

It's always Wiggles fault.

So wrong to blame Lapierre.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • tidymush
    So wrong to blame Lapierre.[/quote]

a bike that flexs so badly under load on chain!
    I seem to remember there being LAPIERRE plastered all over it!

So yeah blame lapierre! It was redesigned badly
  • cooldad
    Then change the stickers for Wiggle ones. Simple.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    tidymush wrote:
    So wrong to blame Lapierre.

a bike that flexs so badly under load on chain!
    I seem to remember there being LAPIERRE plastered all over it!

So yeah blame lapierre! It was redesigned badly[/quote]it's alright mate, it's just an ongonig joke about a thread.

It's Wiggle's fault you got p*ssed off then.
  • BobbyTrigger
    BobbyTrigger Posts: 377
    lol
  • tidymush
    Lol oh i new here!
    Only had just over grand to get back into bikes and seems like i picked
    a propper dog!
    Been training for crc llandovery. Looks like my mates going without me! Grim

Wiggles fault! (i think)
  • allthegearnoidea
    allthegearnoidea Posts: 4,077
    funny as lbs owner has a 410 technic and rides it Hard, and also a local Dirt jumper uses one! single ring, chain guides the lot, he's put some serious abuse through his and had No issues at all, another local guy had a 210 and much the same, he's got monster legs and not once mentioned any fexing from the stays,

the cracked lappierre's were mainly due to an iffy batch of carbon rear triangles in the 08/09 changeover bikes, everyone that broke, replaced under warranty, lbs had a 514 zesty in that had a cracked BB casing, was warrantied and relaced, took about a fortnight, was caused by another local shop fitting a road bb instead of the mtb bb (shimano bb90) which is 1mm smaller, thus splitting the casing!!

generally, if your lbs are any good they'll have the bike turned around ina fortnight, a little pestering is needed of hotlines but is a relatively quick turn around,
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • Devastazione
    carbon rear triangles in the 08/09 changeover bikes,

If you log on to lapierreownersclub.com a guy with a 2011 Zesty 514 had it cracked 4 times !!! 4 fuken times man !!! I told him WTF, just call a lawyer and have them refund you asap with cold cash,no wine and cheese french shatz.

And of course many of my "friends" here will remember the way Crackpierre handled my Xcontrol 910 warranty issue.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    Call a lawyer? Haha. Really? Or just tell them you want a refund as per the sale of goods act.
  • allthegearnoidea
    allthegearnoidea Posts: 4,077
    i remember your 910! Stunning bike!!!

alot of trouble is manu's Always chasing weight savings, shave 1/4mm off that bit 1/4mm of this etc results in some weak spots!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • Devastazione
    Atz wrote:
    Call a lawyer? Haha. Really? Or just tell them you want a refund as per the sale of goods act.

Well,that may work in the UK,here in Italy asking for a refund would make laugh their assess off..
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • cooldad
    Atz wrote:

Well,that may work in the UK,here in Italy asking for a refund would make laugh their assess off..
    138 posts and all of them moaning about the same thing. You sound like a barrel of laughs.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Devastazione
    cooldad wrote:
    Atz wrote:

138 posts and all of them moaning about the same thing. You sound like a barrel of laughs.

Not taken. You sound like a barrel of shet. Look,at least this 139th post is about something else,about that :roll: ??
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • tidymush
    Need a bike! Gonna have to ask mam if she still got my old grifter up the shed!
    Whites level on a grifter! Hardcore!