Realy odd thing on the way home tonight

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
bit of an adventuresome day today.... :?

There was a stretch of about maybe 2 miles right from out in the country, down an open country lane with CLEAR places to pass; over a junction, down ANOTHER stretch where you could pass and then into Kegworth (with ANOTHER section where over-taking is easy) where this Renault just sat behind us both, the whole damn way :? :? :?

In fact two other cars passed them AND us in that time (without a problem) and I hate to think how many others were stacking behind this car, but it never once made any kind of attempt to pass.

It was really odd, and not a little creepy. I can't believe someone would not want to pass for all that time and my legs are THAT nice! It left me and Rob a little creeped out.

Fortunately it followed him when I peeled off home 8)
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• Applespider
    Applespider Posts: 506
    It is freaky when a car sits behind you for that long. Perhaps a new driver who didn't know the road that well?

Oddest thing I saw on my commute to work was a few weeks ago at Brixton.

It was about 8.20am and I was waiting at the crossroad lights when a unicyclist came past. He was in high-vis with a backpack and looked like a commuter aside from only having one wheel... Hmmm.... where does a unicycle come in FCN terms?
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Rob was being ogled.

You weren't.

Obviously :wink:

Happened to me before on a climb with a few easy passing places. Two MILFs who gave the thumbs up when they eventually did pass. Maybe being out of the saddle helped. Made my day :P

Yes, it was a thumb :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...sounds like an ogling incident to me...you should be very proud...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...