Rounded Screw

ryan1702
ryan1702 Posts: 40
edited May 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
I've rounded the Torx(* style) screw in my tektro auriga comps that allow the resevoir to be rotated to level it out for bleeding. Can anybody give some tips on how to remove the screw?
I thought a thought that I thought I had thought but the thought that I had thought wasn't the thought that I had thought I had thought so maybe if I had thought the thought that I thought I thought I wouldn't of thought so much!

Comments

• supafly1982
    supafly1982 Posts: 631
    can you supply pics?
  • shoddy
    shoddy Posts: 63
    Soak it in WD40 or something similar for as long as you can.
    Cut a slot into it with either a dremel or put two blades in a hacksaw. Try to undo with a big screwdriver.
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    If the screw is sitting proud you should be able to remove with a small pair of mole grips.
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You can often undo damaged torx if you can find 'just' the right size scredriver to wedge across between 2 of the recesses.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    Elastic band between the driver and the screw.
  • Fenred
    Fenred Posts: 428
    I had this last week on 2 rotor bolts. Try a bit a size up from normal first to see if it fits...It worked for me :lol: