Paging KB: Where do I hand in my cape?

kelsen
kelsen Posts: 2,003
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
After a year and a half on the Tricross, it is with a tinge of sadness that I will be hanging up my cape and commuting on a 'conventional' road bike.

Don't suppose anyone's interested in a 2010 52cm Specialized Tricross Triple? Before anyone asks, no I do not have room in the flat for 3 bikes...unless I get rid of the wife and kid...hmmm...

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Could get a bunk bed. That'd hold 2 bikes and clear some space on the floor for the kid.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • kelsen
    dhope wrote:
    Could get a bunk bed. That'd hold 2 bikes and clear some space on the floor for the kid.
    :lol:

Ok, perhaps I didn't make myself clear. Let's try again...

After a year and a half on the Tricross, it is with a tinge of sadness that I will be hanging up my cape and commuting on a new road bike.
  • Congratulations on ditching the hybrid and moving up to a proper bike. Capes flap in the breeze and slow you down anyway.

So what did you get?
  • kelsen
    At last! :roll: Thank you UE.

The new commuter...

5710004278_4ffa23f315_z.jpg
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Hand in your XS sized cape at the door short arse.

Not that there is any bitterness in my reply....

:P
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • kelsen wrote:
    At last! :roll: Thank you UE.

The new commuter...

5710004278_4ffa23f315_z.jpg

Yum. Like that a lot. Look like pretty long-reach brakes on that, does it have tabs for 'guards?
  • kelsen
    Yum. Like that a lot. Look like pretty long-reach brakes on that, does it have tabs for 'guards?
    Yeah, they're Tektro long reach, would've preferred 105 calipers in line with the rest of the components but they seem ok. Need to double check but pretty sure it has fixing for guards as it has the clearance. First impressions are how comfortable it is; for an alu frame it really does have a remarkable ability to soak up bumps without any apparent loss in stiffness.
  • kelsen
    Hand in your XS sized cape at the door short ars*.

Not that there is any bitterness in my reply....

:P
    :lol:
    The Tricross is still a great bike though, if not actually better suited to my commute as it was bomb-proof.
  • Very-thin and curved stays will be helping with the bumps quite a bit. Looks a very good bike to me, must feel like flying compared with the Tricross.
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Nice :-) Is that the alloy or the carbon one? How do you find the ride quality, is the Synapse all it's cracked up to be?
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • kelsen
    unixnerd wrote:
    Nice :-) Is that the alloy or the carbon one? How do you find the ride quality, is the Synapse all it's cracked up to be?

It's the alloy. Compared to my old CAAD3, the difference is world's apart, though to be fair the synapse is pitched more at the sportive market (and the CAAD3 technology is over 10 years old). Cannondale's big fuss over their SAVE technology is justified it seems. I imagine the carbon Synapse is even better.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    kelsen wrote:
    Yeah, they're Tektro long reach, would've preferred 105 calipers in line with the rest of the components but they seem ok. Need to double check but pretty sure it has fixing for guards as it has the clearance. First impressions are how comfortable it is; for an alu frame it really does have a remarkable ability to soak up bumps without any apparent loss in stiffness.

Will 105 standard callipers fit? I've got three or four sets if you wants some? They are just gathering dust.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • kelsen
    Asprilla wrote:
    Will 105 standard callipers fit? I've got three or four sets if you wants some? They are just gathering dust.

I think I'd need a drop bolt(?) to fit those. Thanks, I'll see how I get on with these and PM you if I'm interested.