I need a couple of pieces of clothing

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
I'm after a bright (replace hi-viz vest) lightweight top (short-sleeved) and a soft-shell top for cooler (dry) mornings

I've got a 'breathable' water-resistant jacket which is way better than the nightvision for keeping cool but anything over 10C and I'm swimming... so a softshell (I think!) would be better

Recommendations?
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Above 10C?

Baselayer, jersey and arm warmers should do.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Over 10C and I'm down to a base layer T, in fact its only below about +3C am I in the softshell (and its not unknown for me to be T only with frost on the ground), although I keep the longer fingered gloves on a little longer as my generated heat doesn't really get to my fingertips!

Softshell - Aldi's is great.

The best top I have is a Reebok one in white, although I have a Karrimor hi-vis it's not quite as cool running.

Have an Aldi cycling top, I stay drier standing under the shower!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    I got a Protective Kashi softshell 5 years ago....its still going strong...although I have given it a grangers treatment a couple of times.

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebwPNLq ... uctID=7455

love it...totally waterproof.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.