Irritating clicking noise on Rotor 3d cranks

mcrdave
mcrdave Posts: 501
edited June 2014 in Workshop
Just to see if anyone else has had this, the cranks make an annoying tick / click every rotation when under load, have swapped bb's and made sure the bb threads are clean and has made no difference. It does go away when you ride in the rain, so maybe that's the solution!

Any ideas or anyone had /have the same issue?

It's on a Carbon frame BTW.

Comments

• rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,922
    chainring bolts tight??
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • mcrdave
    Yeah, checked, even over torqued one in the process, pretty sure it isn't them. It's weird, not a creak, just a 'tick', cannot figure what would make that kind of noise.
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    Something with the chain ? Slightly tight link maybe ?
  • tjhooker
    tjhooker Posts: 12
    Check the pedals... I had the same annoying click every rotation. After tightening both pedals, the click went away.
  • mcrdave
    Will investigate tonight, pretty sure it's done it on 2 sets of pedals which would suggest not them but look into it and report back.

Cheers chaps
  • SeanT
    SeanT Posts: 51
    Are your pedal threads well greased. I've had dry threads cause a tick in the past.
  • Front mech cable end crimp hitting the arm?
  • mcrdave
    Not that paddle, more of a distinct noise than that. Plus it happens in more than one place per revolution. Wish i could video or record it! Maybe I could, hmm.
  • If it is not crank rpm then check chain
  • father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    Mine also makes more than one click per crank revolution.
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    might be the bearings.
  • mcrdave
    Father Jack - so you have 3d rotor as well? Does it annoy you as much as it does me!?
  • father_jack
    father_jack Posts: 3,509
    No.
    Just damn clicking from somewhere on the bike :evil:
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • Yeomeo
    Yeomeo Posts: 1
    yep, same problem... Been "fixed" a couple of times by reinstalling the BB and crankset. BB ruynning nice and smooth though and no probs with the frame fitting the BBRight etc.. Got to be a problem with the crankset(?!) crank bolts constantly loosening but click sounds like NDS. Could be wrong about that but thinking about Ultegra with adapters to remedy.

Loads of other forums reporting similar clunking, clicking, creaking etc..

Still love the R3 but really need this sorted for my mood at 70miles! Tedious after that!

L8rz
  • mcrdave
    Wow I wrote that 3 years ago. Sorry to hear of your woes. My 'solution' was sell it and upgrade to 3d+. This crank hasn't clicked once.