Advice for noob requested - new wheelset problem

weegt
weegt Posts: 14
edited May 2011 in MTB beginners
So, after deciding to take up MTB'ing, I have gone about sourcing parts for a first build. I decided to try my luck with one of the El Gallo wheelsets that were on Ebay, as they seemed like pretty decent value.

This is the very auction: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-2010-El-Gallo-All-Mountain-MTB-Bike-Wheelset-36H-/280537294610?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&var=&hash=item870b1bc74e

The wheels arrived today (horrendously packaged). There appears to be no splines (or any facility to fit/ or alternative) on the rear hub. The auction pictures clearly show the rear hub with this.

I can only assume they have sent the wrong thing....but just want someone to with more idea (wouldn't be hard!) than I have to confirm. As far as I can see there is no way that a spline/cassette can be fitted....the "rear" wheel seemingly having only qr hubs.

Also, they thoughtfully sent me 3 (!) adaptors for the front wheel....2 qr and 1 downsizer. Helpful!

Many thanks in advance for your advice....will add some pics.

20gl3eb.jpg
zj6sfl.jpg
2zsad6e.jpg[/img]

Comments

• chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    That looks like a pair of front wheels to me.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Yeah, a pair of fronts.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • weegt
    Thanks very much for confirming. I will get on to them and try and sort it out....of course the black ones are all sold out now - such is life! :roll:
  • cooldad
    You should be able to get a full refund, including postage without any problem. Contact them and if they don't sort it out immediately open a dispute with Paypal.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Deputy Dawg
    Deputy Dawg Posts: 428
    Just because the auction is showing sold out doesn't mean they haven't got more in stock. Besides, somewhere out there 2 rears will have arrived on someones doorstep. ;)
    Statistically, Six Out Of Seven Dwarves Aren't Happy
  • cooldad
    Just because the auction is showing sold out doesn't mean they haven't got more in stock. Besides, somewhere out there 2 rears will have arrived on someones doorstep. ;)

Good point.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • weegt
    Thanks all...got it sorted today. On the down side, they are out of black wheelsets...so I had to accept the chrome ones. On the plus side...the are letting me keep the two black wheels.

If anyone hears of someone with two rears.... :wink:
  • cooldad
    Seems like a fair result and decent way to sort out a mistake.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools