cheers
thefod.co.uk
thanks
Ant.
thefod.co.uk - Your guide to Mountain Biking in the Forest of Dean

Comments

• joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    what a bad website... tried sending a request for more info (as they had no meeting point mentioned, and my local club were interested) and the form wouldnt send haha....

if anyone happens ot know more about it can you let me know ;)
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.
  • amt27
    amt27 Posts: 320
    what would you like to know?

my club organises the event (RDFCC), however all the entries and logistics are being run by a local charity,

drop me a message if I can assist
  • thefod
    thefod Posts: 19
    Update - new course details now available.

http://www.fodmbe.org.uk/
    thanks
    Ant.
  • joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    got most of the answers i needed :) cheers

only one left:

can i enter on the day? i ride most of the SPAM rides, (similar kind of set up) and aiting until a little closer the day to enter allows me the chance to guage the weather (and the mrs' mood!!) as to whether im allowed out to play haha.
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.
  • thefod
    thefod Posts: 19
    no entires close 16th Sept.
    thanks
    Ant.
  • Hi this was my first event I have entered.
    My only complaint was the start of the 2 lap had way to many competitors all in one go, which caused a jam at the first section of single track, once on it we had to walk our bikes to the first fire track, yes that's how big the line was.

Maybe next time you can start the riders off in waves of 50, every 30 seconds.

It was a big challenge for me especially all the mud, next time I will ride in rugby boots just in case.
  • Not sure how a queue can be avoided when the riders "down speed" from the forest road to the single track... if there was a fix they would use it on the motorways!

What did work (for me anyhow) is that the climb up the forest road "sorted" the riders so that when you hit the single track you didn't find the riders in front too slow. For me after the pinch point on that first single track section the riders around me were of similar standard...

If you found that riders were blocking you on the single track climb you should have pushed harder up the forest road from the start...you were clearly better than them :)
  • pjm-84
    pjm-84 Posts: 819
    Had the same in the 4 lap race so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I started at the back and overtook half the field up the climb but still had to wait. I got held up on the first trail behind two riders but after that there was plenty of overtaking opportunities.

Enjoyed it but took a gamble on a dry tyre set up so found it hmmmm unrideable in places and crashed on the final steep descent in the same spot a few times. Still that why we MTB. :wink:
    Paul