Where to sell?

graham.
graham. Posts: 862
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
When the time comes to get a new bike (As surely it must.). Where do you sell your old one?
You know, how do you find your market? I don't really want to go down the ebay route.
Graham. :?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Errr Sell?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • graham.
    nicklouse wrote:
    Errr Sell?

Yeah I know, it's a naughty word! :oops: but I really don't need two road bikes and one needs to finance the other.
    I am hatching a fiendish plan to build a "Winter" bike, taking an allotment shed as inspiration. Does this buy me back some points for wanting to let a very nice bike have a second life without me?
    Graham.
  • seadog12
    seadog12 Posts: 36
    Look up the screen to just below the top search field ;)
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    N + 1 - its the LAW :wink:
  • seadog12
    seadog12 Posts: 36
    N + 1 - its the LAW :wink:

Unless the other half says otherwise :) Luckily I have a son who's just about tall enough to ride the bike I promised to sell when I bought my new one....he (and the wife) not 'think' it's his but it'll be the perfect winter bike for me ;)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    N-1 :shock: I didn't think that was possible. Isn't that like when matter and anti matter collide?

As for selling things. What you need is some sort of online place you could sell stuff. Maybe an auction thingy of some description. If you can invent such a thing, do cut me in on a small percentage. :D
    Faster than a tent.......
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    I am actually n-1 at the moment, but I will be back up to four bikes shortly. Having only three just seems wrong!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • graham.
    Please believe me, I fully intend to embrace n+1 and incorporate it into my lifestyle. Just not two road bikes. (Yet.)
    I have put it in the clasified bit, but as there's so much traffic there it's somewhere on page 5, after only a couple of days. (Thanks for the heads up seadog, but that kind of proves my point.)
    Ok, I have it on here and Gumtree, I'll try PinkBike, as recomended by LBS, otherwise ebay here we come!
    Oh, and as an aside, when I put it in the classified section, I also posted a little coment in the "General" section with a link. That was very quickly deleted (By a mod?). I can see why now, if everyone did it etc......sorry mods :oops:
    Graham.