Attention Cornwallers! What do you really want?

Greg T
Greg T Posts: 3,266
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
Or Corns, Faux Celts, Kernowists - whatever your collective noun is.

You are next to wall once we bin the noisy, expensive* and historically inaccurate Scots.

What do we have to do to get rid of you? We gave them them missile boats, coke, money and more money. I suggest if we put a job lot order for your "not really a meat and potato pie in a badly made pie" pies and a couple of slabs of super strength cider will you ever feck off and stop pretending anyone wants to learn Cornish....?

* I know - I couldn't resist - yes I know it's like taking candy from a baby**. Yes I know it's all very earnest and of course Wiggles fault.

edited to add

** No not a Scottish baby of course - Alco pops and crack from a Scottish Baby.
Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?

Comments

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    I'm from Cornwall and I'd like... hmmm... A summer pudding and a year's supply of Aspall.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    fishhook.jpg
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Drysuitdiver
    Drysuitdiver Posts: 474
    I'm from Cornwall and I'd like... hmmm... A summer pudding and a year's supply of Aspall.

bloody Aspalls, you have some of the best cider facilities in the world ( Healeys for a start) which wipe the floor with suffolk rubbish and you don't want it .!! madness i tell thee madness
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    daviesee wrote:
    fishhook.jpg

I was hoping for more swivel eyed biting . . . .

Obviously the West country lot are too laid back and the Scots' ASBOs are restraining their baser urges.....
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Proper baiting requires a touch of subtelty. Not your strong point perhaps? :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    What's a corn wall?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    dhope wrote:
    What's a corn wall?

4190706259_d7f131f439.jpg
  • lost_in_thought

bloody Aspalls, you have some of the best cider facilities in the world ( Healeys for a start) which wipe the floor with suffolk rubbish and you don't want it .!! madness i tell thee madness

I'm from cornwall..... I live on the essex/suffolk border :)
  • Drysuitdiver
    Drysuitdiver Posts: 474

Im From Wales and Live in London, I get Penderyn malt whisky by mail order. I get welsh cheese where i can ( tescos but thats another thread ), oh hang on wrong forum :lol:
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440

Is it from that part of Cornwall that's in Suffolk?

The Cyder House
    Aspall Hall
    Debenham
    Suffolk
    IP14 6PD

www.aspall.co.uk/
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • lost_in_thought
    Asprilla wrote:

The Cyder House
    Aspall Hall
    Debenham
    Suffolk
    IP14 6PD

www.aspall.co.uk/

I am thoroughly confused by this post...
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Asprilla wrote:

The Cyder House
    Aspall Hall
    Debenham
    Suffolk
    IP14 6PD

www.aspall.co.uk/

Yeah, I got confused too. I thought you were saying that Aspalls was from Cornwall. You weren't though. Glad that's all cleared up.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Asprilla wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

The Cyder House
    Aspall Hall
    Debenham
    Suffolk
    IP14 6PD

www.aspall.co.uk/

Yeah, I got confused too. I thought you were saying that Aspalls was from Cornwall. You weren't though. Glad that's all cleared up.

What on earth are you two Worzels talking about?

@DSD - me, too. Caws Cenarth cheese is fantastic.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I lived in Cornwall for a year
    + Great countryside, great walks, and probably would have been great MTBing if I knew what it was at the time
    - Bl**dy aweful weather in winter and furkin miles from anywhere and it takes an age as the roads are a branch of Islam (Shiite).

++ Spingo's beer from the Blue Anchor in Helston (hope they still make it!)

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    a year's supply of Aspall.

mmmmm appley

the organic stuff is a winner
    Keeping it classy since '83