Firefox problems

13»

Comments

• Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    chedabob wrote:
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    Mojo_666 wrote:
    Even bit torrent has a rating systems so where if things are dodgy it is clearly visible...
    Which is created by people downloading it, then going "AAARGH, it's riddles with malware", right? So, what if you're one of the people who gets caught up?

Logic, dear boy, LOGIC. It's not hard.

News groups are mostly problem free due to subscriptions on access/bandwith.

Newsgroups have been an absolute shitpile lately. The major groups are being flooded with password protected files that you have to complete surveys for.

Also, Rules 1 & 2.

Don't use them myself TBH, never fancied the subscription fees but I have seen those pass word protected files in one form or another for a few years, but again when you download something you generally get to see a list of files that will be included so you can just ignore ones with password capable formats.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    ARGH, some BASTARD hacked my AOL email account and spammed everyone in my address book!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    supersonic wrote:
    ARGH, some BASTARD hacked my AOL email account and spammed everyone in my address book!
    You had that too huh? It's happened to a few people recently.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Not just me then. Changed password anyway as a matter of caution, but I do think an AOL vulnerability has been exploited.

Just had to email a lot of people apologising, though if they had any sense they would probably know what has happened.