First commute in 3 months!

Dalton
Dalton Posts: 265
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
Hi All,

Well I finally managed to get back in the saddle today.

I have been piling on the pounds and decided over the weekend that enough is enough. No more excuses and all that!

I got up at 4:45am this morning, got all my gear together and rode the 7 miles into work. I then rode home the long way (approx 14 miles) and loved every second of it in the glorious sunshine.

I really don't know what has stopped me getting back into the saddle sooner, but I am really glad I have finally done it.

Just need to keep it up now.

I am on a mission to lose the 2 stone I have somehow allowed myself to gain.

My ride home was only (slightly) spoiled by two things...

1: Some idiot passenger in a white van decided to lean out of his window and shout some obscenities at me as the van passed - scaring the crap out of me and nearly causing me to crash!

2: I 'stopped' my garmin whilst stuck in traffic, then forgot to restart it - so losing about 5 miles worth of data!

Does anybody know if I can use a map to add the miles into Garmin Site manually?

Comments

• shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    glad you're feeling better & back in the saddle, was it a broken something?
  • Dalton
    Dalton Posts: 265

No, nothing broken - just allowed myself to get into a rut of working, eating and sleeping and not a lot else.

Have spent way too many hours at work over the last few months, which has left little time for anything else and left me pretty much drained.

I have decided to attempt to get things back on track.

The last time I stuck at commuting to work, I felt loads better in myself. Just hoping I can find the motivation to stick at it for longer this time.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Dalton wrote:

No, nothing broken - just allowed myself to get into a rut of working, eating and sleeping and not a lot else.

Have spent way too many hours at work over the last few months, which has left little time for anything else and left me pretty much drained.

I have decided to attempt to get things back on track.

The last time I stuck at commuting to work, I felt loads better in myself. Just hoping I can find the motivation to stick at it for longer this time.

know where you're at, testify brother.