ncn route 71

dazza3512
dazza3512 Posts: 58
edited May 2011 in Tour & expedition
hi guys looking for any mapping advice for the ncn route no 71, i will be travelling from york to newcastle via appelby in westmorland using route no,s 65,71,68, cant seem to find a map to cover route 71 from bedale to appelby,it says on sustrans that you need os tour map 6,but os dont print them any more,anyone have any ideas for a map to cover this section.

ta :lol:
He travels fastest who travels alone

Comments

• CumbrianMan
    CumbrianMan Posts: 240
    Have a look on the Ordnance Survey website. They have some good pages for selecting different kinds of maps and of various sizes, plus there's even an option to select an area that you want printed to a map.
    Sometimes they've got offers on, like 3 maps for price of 2.

Cheers
    "There are no hills, there is no wind, I feel no pain !"

"A bad day on the bike is always better than a good day in the office !"
  • dazza3512
    cheers for the reply, been on os website,cant find a single map to cover the distance that i want,and the detail that i want, would need about 3,where as the tour series of maps did cover the route in full on a single map

:D
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Here you go, 1 left on Amazon for £4.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yorkshire-Dales ... 638&sr=1-5

I like these maps for touring and usually find them on Amazon, often secondhand but in good condition.
  • dazza3512
    excellent,thanks for the link, been looking for one of these for days, looked on amazon as well but must have missed this one,thanks again

:P