Early Ebay bidders...

2»

Comments

• crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Are you going to drop that 8 into a nice MK3 Capri Matt?
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Nope, I only want the chromed rocker covers, I'll sell the heads on.
    They're going on the Stage 2 RV8 in this, just to dress the engine up a bit :D :

P4110035.jpg
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Nice car, Mister!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • RedJohn
    RedJohn Posts: 272
    I always bid late. I used to bid my max early, then once I saw something I really wanted had been eaten away by one other bidder, basically increasing his bid by one increment at a time until he over took me. Yes, that's his privilege, etc etc, but if I hadn'd shown my cards early (as someone above said), I'd've had it. So from then on, I almost always snipe.
  • MattC59
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Nice car, Mister!
    Loud fast cars and cycling, the perfect combination :lol:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    MattC59 wrote:
    Nope, I only want the chromed rocker covers, I'll sell the heads on.
    They're going on the Stage 2 RV8 in this, just to dress the engine up a bit :D :

P4110035.jpg

You should have taken the dustbin lid off the bonnet before you took the photo :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • DCowling
    DCowling Posts: 769
    I have just lost out on some spd pedals, no great shakes at £10
    BUT I lost to a bid which exactly matched my max bid of £10, this was a max bid from the previous day so surely I should have been prompted to up my max bid when I first put it in, or am I completely missing something ?
  • alex1
    alex1 Posts: 25
    dont talk to me about ebay! my highest bider has said that he/she has brought anthor bike and wants to stop the bid on my bike im selling....and i cant because ebay says the reason isnt good for it....what do i do??!!!
  • RedJohn
    alex1 wrote:
    dont talk to me about ebay! my highest bider has said that he/she has brought anthor bike and wants to stop the bid on my bike im selling....and i cant because ebay says the reason isnt good for it....what do i do??!!!

I suggest you come up with another reason. (Bid placed in error? Or something like that). You don't want the auction to run and end up with a winner who you know won't pay.

Someone unscrupulous might leave it there anyway to push the other bids up. Dead dodgy though, I'm not recommending it.
  • RedJohn
    Another benefit of using something like Auction Sniper - you place your bid instruction then let the system get on with it, but if you change your mind before the auction ends you can cancel the instruction with no hassles from Ebay.

Sniping only works if you genuinely bid your maximum though! Enough that you won't say "Oh if only I'd bid another 50p I'd've got it" if you lose. You have to bid enough that your reaction is "Well I wouldn't have wanted to pay more than the price it went for anyway".
  • MattC59
    Turns out my late bidding was very worth while !!

I sniped in at the end of an auction, and paid £35.54 for a set of polished rocker covers and two sets of heads for the previously mentioned RV8.

However, I picked them up today and actually got two sets of rocker covers, two sets of heads, two sets of valves (one set brand new) a complete gasket set, a new set of lifters, two brand new (still in their boxes) sets of spark plugs (£32 per set) a new starter motor, cam, set of new pistons & con rods plus a load of other stuff.

Basically, I got pretty much everything except the block to build another engine. I shall probably put most of it on ebay and make a few £££.

Boy done good :D