MRP1x9 device help

sheepshifter
sheepshifter Posts: 115
edited May 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Any one help me im running the right length chain device set up correctly but still loosing the chain bouncing of the bootom with the slightest back pedal.Is this device not suitable for trail riding and more xc orientated.The type of riding i do is mainly trail centre riding fast xc based singletrack,should i get a device with a roller on the bottom ,would this stop the chain bouncing off with the slightest back pedal.Can you suggest a solution what device would you buywould prefer one not too heavy.
PACE RC325.5 1x9

GENESIS io SS

Comments

• RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    What chainring are you running?
  • sheepshifter
    Salsa ss specific with taller teeth non ramped or pinned
    PACE RC325.5 1x9

GENESIS io SS
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    pictures?

is it the right length chain?

what cogs does the chain come of in? dont forget the drive train is designed to go one way only.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • sheepshifter
    Came off today whilst on the largest cog,only approx 1/4 of a turn in reverse and off came the chain, i dont often back pedal other than re adjusting to avoid obstacles.
    PACE RC325.5 1x9

GENESIS io SS
  • RevellRider
    Is the chainline right? I run 1x9 on my bike and rarely have problems with the chain coming off
  • sheepshifter
    Absolute cock on may just have to bite the bullet and get a upper and lower device so bloody exspensive for what they are.thanks for your reply,with a botton guide is this guarenteed to stop the chain coming off from the bottom?
    PACE RC325.5 1x9

GENESIS io SS
  • RevellRider
    It reduces it vastly. Something like the MRP Lopes SL guide would be good
  • sheepshifter
    Thanks revell rider your suggestion happens to be my choice not much weight without loosing adequate chain tension.
    PACE RC325.5 1x9

GENESIS io SS