Assos UNO chamois

mrc1
mrc1 Posts: 852
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
Got a pair of assos UNOs and used them on the turbo today for the first time but I'm having problems with the position of the chamois - seems that I am off the front of the thickest section (which then digs into my you know what's and causes numbness) when I get in anything more aggressive than riding on the tops and that it generally sits too far up my backside.

I'm 6ft 2 and weigh 72kg so went for size L as the actual bibs etc seemed to fit best in this size.

Anyone else had this problem? Feels like the chunky bit of chamois should be an inch or so further forward. Seems odd given that assos is aimed at racers etc?
http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1

Comments

• jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    You need to ask 'One man and his bike' about this.

pm him.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I had the opposite today. Went for a quick 20 miles to try out my new bibshorts and felt uncomfortable after about 5. Stopped found the pad had slipped forward and not covering sit bones. Rejigged the way I was wearing the shorts and found it was down to me not realising the new shorts were shorter in the leg. When I originally put them on I put the gripper down at the length of my old shorts, this 'stretch' had the effect of pulling the pad out of place.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Aggieboy
    edited May 2011
    jim453 wrote:

pm him.

Make a nice cuppa and set an hour aside to read the reply. :lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Teach
    Teach Posts: 386
    jim453 wrote:

pm him.

Why? Why him? Just curious.
  • Teach
    Teach Posts: 386
    jim453 wrote:

pm him.

Why? Why him? Just curious.
  • Aggieboy wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

pm him.

Make a nice cuppa and set an hour aside to read the reply. :lol:

That's at least a 3 hour long reply event, pffft.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Aggieboy wrote:
    I had the opposite today. Went for a quick 20 miles to try out my new bibshorts and felt uncomfortable after about 5. Stopped found the pad had slipped forward and not covering sit bones. Rejigged the way I was wearing the shorts and found it was down to me not realising the new shorts were shorter in the leg. When I originally put them on I put the gripper down at the length of my old shorts, this 'stretch' had the effect of pulling the pad out of place.
    Come on, admit it, you had them on back to front didn't you !? :roll: :wink:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Aggieboy
    MattC59 wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Come on, admit it, you had them on back to front didn't you !? :roll: :wink:

I wouldn't mind admitting it and taking some flak off you lot, if I had. If you dish it out, you've got to be prepared to take it back! :lol: