Impressive Camber

99thmonkey
99thmonkey Posts: 667
edited May 2011 in MTB general
Recently used a Specialized Camber for a month or so and was very very impressed, it was supposed to replace the XC but its a completely different beast,.
Anyone else had any good experiences?

Comments

• Devastazione
    Devastazione Posts: 280
    Well I should point my friend to this post then,he's waiting for his new Camber to be delivered tomorrow :P
    Specialized Tarmac Sworks
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • Mental Mickey
    Mental Mickey Posts: 406
    I'm not surprised to hear it rides well as it looks like a frame that borrows some of the best ideas from other Spesh models, I get the impression looking at it that it might bridge the gap between a Stumpy FSR and an Epic, I own a Stumpy and once had the pleasure of riding an Epic Elite which was a fab speedy bike, so I can see these Camber's doing well in the market.

Wouldn't trade in my own Stumpy just for the pleasure, new bikes are too expensive nowadays compared to what I paid for my Stumpy 2 years ago.
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    Now that Speshuleyesd have upped the travel on Stumpys isn't a Camber basically what a Stumpy was?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Probably down to angles rather that travel the differences in ride :)
  • CycloRos
    CycloRos Posts: 579
    wordnumb wrote:
    Now that Speshuleyesd have upped the travel on Stumpys isn't a Camber basically what a Stumpy was?

I'd agree with that: M4 Alu frame, 120mm of travel trusted stumpjumper geometry, the Camber is definitely what the old Stumpjumper FSR used to be, and is just Specialized pluggin a gap in the market.

Not knocking it though, I used to own one of those Stumpy's and it was awesome! Dare say if I swung a leg over a Camber it'd be just like the old days :lol:
    Current Rides -
    Charge Cooker, Ragley mmmBop, Haro Mary SS 29er
    Pics!
  • Mental Mickey
    wordnumb wrote:

Not quite, longer wheelbase than a Stumpy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9lw1Ls70QQ
  • timpop
    timpop Posts: 394
    For a moment there I thought this thread was going to be about skis.
    Many happy trails!
  • Mental Mickey
    timpop wrote:

My initial thought was a thread with a video showing some guy riding a large off camber section in an impressive manner. :wink:
  • timpop
    timpop Posts: 394
    timpop wrote:

My initial thought was a thread with a video showing some guy riding a large off camber section in an impressive manner. :wink:
    :lol:
    Many happy trails!
  • I have had the entry model for a couple of months now and am really impressed.
    The front fork is a bit spongey but I only notice that when peddling on flats, the rear shock is great! Really surprised at how good it is tbh!!

Climbing is good on it but the descents!! I fly down trails now, really has "inspired confidence on the trails" as the advert says!

I find the front derailer/crankset a bit clunky at times but that's my only complaint.

And it's red and white!