Seve

geordieindevon
geordieindevon Posts: 127
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
Very sad news to wake up to this morning. As a young lad in the seventies I have fond memories of watching him play with no fear and a style not seen before.

Legend is a phrase overused on some so called superstars but it truly applies to Seve.

RIP

Comments

• morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Sad news. He was a real character.
    RIP.
  • marksteven
    marksteven Posts: 208
    1 of the sadest thing about getting older, your heros die or crumble. 2 sad losses this week our enry & seve . RIP fellas :cry:
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    is it that golfist?
  • spenb
    spenb Posts: 14
    Yes it is - wishes go out to his family
    I'm not BITTER - Just TWISTED
  • mingmong
    mingmong Posts: 542
    He was a great sportsman. RIP.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Life's just not fair. RIP Seve.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,974
    Yes, always exciting to watch. When he got himself in an awkward spot he had the amazing ability to conjure up an impossible shot and get himself out of trouble. It's just a shame that he couldn't win his final battle.... but bravely fought to the end. Farewell Seve.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Aye RIP. Very young too. Real shame.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    marksteven wrote:
    1 of the sadest thing about getting older, your heros die or crumble. 2 sad losses this week our enry & seve . RIP fellas :cry:

I'll second that. Lot's of things remind us of our own mortality and one of the most obvious ones is when your childhood heroes keep falling by the wayside.

R.I.P. Seve.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Could not agree more with the comments that have been made. He was a true gent but with a winning mentality as this quote shows:

"I look into their eyes, shake their hand, pat their back, and wish them luck, but I am thinking, 'I am going to bury you.' - Seve Ballesteros 8)