Nostalgia

finchy
finchy Posts: 6,686
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
I saw some white dog turd yesterday.

That brought the 1980s childhood memories flooding back.

Comments

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Ha! I gave my two mutts the bones from the lambshanks we had for dinner last night- I guarantee there'll be a couple of crusty white dog eggs today....

Is it because people don't seem to let their dogs have bones anymore that the pale lurker is much less prevelant today?
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    I was in the sweet shop the other day (it's a bit of an 'olde worlde' sweet shop) and there, on the counter, were packets of cigarette sweets. A real blast from the past! (Along with Rosy Apples, Sherbert Dips, Black Jacks....)
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Nostalgia isn't what it used to be. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Crispybug
    Crispybug Posts: 58
    I remember a time when we weren't nostalgic.........

........those were the days!!

I'll get my coat!!
    Mad as a box of badgers
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    SimonAH wrote:
    Ha! I gave my two mutts the bones from the lambshanks we had for dinner last night- I guarantee there'll be a couple of crusty white dog eggs today....

Is it because people don't seem to let their dogs have bones anymore that the pale lurker is much less prevelant today?

No - its (seriously and most bizarrely) because dog poo isn't left on the street long enough to dry out and go colourless anymore.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    er.. no its bones
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Yossie wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:

No - its (seriously and most bizarrely) because dog poo isn't left on the street long enough to dry out and go colourless anymore.

No offence, but you're talking sh*t. :)
  • Yossie
    No - seriously. I shyt you not (no pun intended) - ask your local vet. It's one of those utterly bizarre things that you never realise happened until its gone.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Yossie wrote:
    No - seriously. I shyt you not (no pun intended) - ask your local vet. It's one of those utterly bizarre things that you never realise happened until its gone.

You've never come back from a 6 week course to find none of the family could be arsed to pick up the output of 3 dogs then.

All brown despite weeks in the elements.
  • Yossie
    mattshrops wrote:
    er.. no its bones

Errr, no, its not - see wiki answers above. Bones? Really? Sheesh, are you the cheap meat/lucozade dude in disguise?
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    ive owned various dogs over the last 20 years.
    fact if the dog eats a bone you will get a FRESH white shite.
    the dirty b@stards next door at one house we lived in used to have a colection of dog poo which was visible from space. none of them were white.
    wow youre prepared to believe wiki. dont tell anyone your name or address while youre out will you? (assuming youre allowed out alone?)
    Death or Glory- Just another Story