22nd May. MTB Challenge, Littondale near Skipton, North York

Dalescharlie
Dalescharlie Posts: 20
edited May 2011 in XC and Enduro
http://www.littondale.net/wordpress/lit ... -challenge

I've helped to organise this MTB challenge for our local village hall. Its charity run, so I thought as I'm a mtb'er, I could contribute in this way. If anyone fancies it, its all for a good cause and the free drink and cakes will be fab, I promise. The routes have now been published. any q's, just shout. :D

Starting point is about 18 miles up Dale from Skipton in North Yorkshire and the ride show cases impressive views of Littondale, Pen-y-ghent and Ingleborough. With a particular fantastic down on the long route. (But after the up, u will deserve it) The midi is tough but absolutely rewarding with a few grandio downs. The mini is suited for any first timers wanting to progress in the MTB world. :)

Comments

• Iv just signed up, see you Sunday
  • Did you do it?? What a day!! Damn that rain! Was an enjoyable day tho, such a lovely group of riders; was a pleasure to organise for people like that. I've up loaded the photos onto the Amerdale Hall facebook page. Might be some of you?? (BTW - stumpjumper! great name. My stumpjumper is my pride and joy and it just loves the hills around here)
  • Yep I did the hard loop, and they were the worst conditions iv ever rode in!! The hail n gail force winds were shocking, never been so cold n numb! but the course was excellent thank you very much for going to the trouble of organising it.

There is just the one pic of me looking soggy! I was on my hardtail stumpjumper today (its also my pride and joy)

same again next year?!
  • I think sooooo........ Everyone has sent such great feedback to us. Really kind words. Even those who were rescued by the 3 Peak Cycle Bike shop lads. and their bike trailer. (So glad they were there!) It is a great route. The hard one is one of my favourites, have not done it in such horrid conditions as yesterday tho!

I'll see what Jen and the others think, but i think it will be a goer next year. (Please be drier!!!!!)

Char x