Servicing Suntour Epicons

getonyourbike
getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
edited May 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
I've got some Suntour Epicons, the problem is that they have a bit too much stiction for my liknig, they were fine when I first had the bikes so I think it's probably caused by everyday winter use and salt off the roads on my commute. So basically I wondered if the workshop gods knew anything about servicing these particular forks. How to strip them down, what oil and tools are required etc

Thanks
Pete

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    looked on Suintours site for the service info?

there is a link in the tech links sticky above, and from there there are downloadable srvice manuals etc...
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • getonyourbike
    thanks that link was really useful but the videos still didn't tell me about what lubricants to use other than brunox deo on the foam rings. Could I use the Fork Juice that I have instead? I would have thoguht that there would be something more substantial in there for lubrication.
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    thanks that link was really useful but the videos still didn't tell me about what lubricants to use other than brunox deo on the foam rings. Could I use the Fork Juice that I have instead? I would have thoguht that there would be something more substantial in there for lubrication.

The suntour xcrs that I took apart only had some grease inside!
  • getonyourbike
    I just pulled the seals back a bit and squirt lots of fork juice in there, they seem to be smoother. I wanted to do something a bit more permanent really but hey.