Elecdtions 2011 - dumb question

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
Other than AV what were the Elections for specifically and why on some councils held elections and not others?

(Some of this stuff I know but I need clarification to grasp the broader picture. Thanks in advance).
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Scottish, Welsh & N Irish parliamentary elections & councils often stagger ward elections to ensure continuity and experienced people at all times. Our council has 3 councillors per ward on a 3 year cycle so every year 1 post is up for grabs. Other places must have different procedures.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    There was me thinking the dumb question was going to be "is that where the "d" in "elecdtions" goes?".

:twisted:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • thelawnet
    thelawnet Posts: 719
    In England the council elections are either for the whole council or for thirds. It's on a four year cycle. Since Surrey council (say) is not correlated to Durham, there's no reason to elect all areas at the same time, it provides a bit more balance by regularly polling instead of allowing a party to 'get lucky' then wait four years for another shot.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Greg66 wrote:
    There was me thinking the dumb question was going to be "is that where the "d" in "elecdtions" goes?".

:lol:
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Greg66 wrote:

:lol:

At last!

I was beginning to think that I'm seriously under appreciated around here ... :wink:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A