Cyclist down Lewisham High Street

artaxerxes
artaxerxes Posts: 612
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
I saw this scene on my way back from the nearby Aldi, a cyclist (dark grey helmet and black top) was down and appeared to be unconsious on the corner of Lewisham High Street and Albacore Crescent, opposite the Lewisham and Kent Islamic Centre.
He was in front of a double decker bus and a convertible BMW, so I'm not sure how he was knocked down, the position of the BMW indicated that it was turning left into Albacore Crescent. An ambulance from the nearby Lewisham hospital was already there and he was being attended to.

Hope he is ok. Stay safe all.

Comments

• HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    Shit - that's about half a mile from my house . . . fingers crossed they're OK
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    artaxerxes wrote:
    I saw this scene on my way back from the nearby Aldi, a cyclist (dark grey helmet and black top) was down and appeared to be unconsious on the corner of Lewisham High Street and Albacore Crescent, opposite the Lewisham and Kent Islamic Centre.
    He was in front of a double decker bus and a convertible BMW, so I'm not sure how he was knocked down, the position of the BMW indicated that it was turning left into Albacore Crescent. An ambulance from the nearby Lewisham hospital was already there and he was being attended to.

Deffo a bloke? My g/f cycles that way :(
  • phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    Pufftmw wrote:
    artaxerxes wrote:

Deffo a bloke? My g/f cycles that way :(

Ditto.
  • artaxerxes
    artaxerxes Posts: 612
    Deffo a bloke? My g/f cycles that way

I couldn't see the face, but going by the build and colour/style of the clothing I was pretty certain it was a bloke.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Pufftmw wrote:
    Not my g/f - phew :)

Surely it's easier to speak to her directly?

Anyway, I hope whoever it is is relatively ok.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • deptfordmarmoset
    deptfordmarmoset Posts: 3,118
    I wonder if it was the same muffin who tried to left hook me yesterday by the hospital. I pray that they're ok.
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    Hope they are ok.

There's lots of potential for hairy moments on that road, specially when traffic builds up and gaps are left for oncoming traffic to turn right (across the bus lanes).