Response needed!!

richVSrich
richVSrich Posts: 527
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
My mate came across this forum (and I hope he is not a pr1ck)....

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=526038

would anyone care to join in for a response?

(perhaps the cyclist was in the wrong, but talk like this is not acceptable....)

Comments

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    nah just leave them to it instead of stooping to their level.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Urban cyclists, bunch of whingeing tree huggers who knit their own yogurt and think its "cool" to run red lights, go the wrong way down one way streets and have no lights in the dark. Oh yeah, and ride on pavements. They are a menace and I'd run 'em over except it would scratch the paintwork.

Mountain bikers? Hmmmm.....less of a problem but then again, lyrca fetishists, so must be a bit weird (335 Diesel).

But the worst of the lot are those t*****s that ride horizontal bike type things. Sweet Jaysus, they really do need gunning down.

Seems bang on the money to me . . . . .
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    I know it's Friday afternoon, but nah, dinnae fash yerself.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    oh dear a bunch of BMW owners.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    edited May 2011
    No. some eminently sensible responses on there already and the zltm089 fella is just one of the inadequate internet warrior troll types who aren't worth the effort.

what do you expect on a car centric site?
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    I bet they're all really fat!
    exercise.png
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    No, really don't respond.

What's the point? They'll probably only take out on out the next person on a bike they see.

They seem to be very proud of what I can only describe as really standard BMWs anyway?

I see about 50 of them every Saturday round where I live.
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Report them to the site's owner for breaching T&C of posting, but I wouldn't dignify it with a response on the forum.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Leave them to it - They were stupid enough to buy a BMW and even stupider to promote that fact on t'internet.

And in reality, who gives a f*ck about what they think.....

Trolling on another forum by a bikeradar participant may affect your FCN....And therefore your status in society.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    isn't one of the rules of this forum no cross-forum posting?

FWIW I havent bothered to check out the link.
    FCN = 4
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    This guy already showed him up for being a bit of a c***...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpost. ... stcount=19
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    A car forum invaded by a bunch of cyclists, how's that going to help? The ones who have already made up their minds about cyclists won't change their minds. If anything it'd just serve to reinforce their prejudice. There are already some level-headed individuals there posting more balanced views. It appears the OP had every right to be incensed, even if he's wrong to tar all cyclists with the same brush.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    its pointless stooping to their level and by calling all the people on that forum idiots is much like saying "all cyclists are lycra clad fist shaking road warriors who jump red lights an ride on the pavement"

i think most people on this forum own a car, i own 3 (not showing off,just saying!) an pay road tax on all of them, and insurance. i would probably be quite upset if a cyclist road into the back of my car then just rode off, but you can wish would be run over, that's just bad juju

i seriously think that all motorists should be made to cycle for a month on the road to be fully aware of road users

also just found this...

bmw-drivers-bmw-driver-test-iq-subhuman-demotivational-poster-1266403720.jpg
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Yeah, no point engaging the retards. They are being made to look silly by their fellow forum users anyway. That gif thing towards the end is incredibly offensive, however, and the guy who posted it should be suspended from the forum.
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    nicklouse wrote:

Oi I'm an E90 BMW driver...just cos I drive a nice car dont make me like a whole bunch of others !
    Some quality responces on there though !
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    turnerjohn wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:

Oi I'm an E90 BMW driver...just cos I drive a nice car dont make me like a whole bunch of others !

Subjective....

;)
  • turnerjohn
    kelsen wrote:
    A car forum invaded by a bunch of cyclists, how's that going to help? The ones who have already made up their minds about cyclists won't change their minds. If anything it'd just serve to reinforce their prejudice. There are already some level-headed individuals there posting more balanced views. It appears the OP had every right to be incensed, even if he's wrong to tar all cyclists with the same brush.

+1 Nail on Head !
  • turnerjohn
    notsoblue wrote:
    turnerjohn wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:

Subjective....

;)
    :P lol
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    turnerjohn wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:

Usain Bolt had an E90:

usain_bolt_bmw_m3_crash.jpg

I think the reshaping improved the car.....
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Slightly off topic, but if you want to pi$$ off a Subaru driver, point out that "SUBARU" backwards is U R A BUS! :twisted:
    Graham.
  • noodles71
    noodles71 Posts: 153
    My best crash in London was out the front of Borough High St station where a guy in a nice new shiny BMW did a u-turn in front of me without looking. I turned with him and hit side to side.

My damage;
    Left pedal no longer rounded on the end but now flat
    skinned elbow, knee and a sore back for about a week.

His damage;
    pedal scratched the metal out of his drivers side door
    broken drivers side door window
    broken wing mirror
    imprint of my 90kg ass right in the middle of his bonnet

I cycled away from it back to Lewisham while he got left with a bill for over £2k which his insurers had the audacity to write to me about making a contribution (ignored).

So while the OP's thread link pisses me off about some drivers attitude I can at least laugh knowing I have made some improvements to someone's nice shiny BMW so I don't feel the need to reply on that site.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    You have to be incredibly poncey of gargantuan proportions to refer to a 3 series as an "E90".

It's a 3 series, the ugly one (the 1982 - 1994 or the 4th gen 1998 - 2005 were the best ones) no matter how you dress it up.

And to make it clear, THIS (below) is the best 3 series ever.

00346.jpg

So much so I still want one.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    If you are into cars it makes sense to refer to it by the model number when talking to other enthusiasts. If I'm on a Civic forum and say I've got an EJ6 they'll know exactly what model I have.
    This is especially useful in a year that the model changed.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    You have to be incredibly poncey of gargantuan proportions to refer to a 3 series as an "E90".

It's a 3 series, the ugly one (the 1982 - 1994 or the 4th gen 1998 - 2005 were the best ones) no matter how you dress it up.

00346.jpg

yes, its the only BMW I've ever looked at and thought 'want' rather than another word that begins with wan...
  • Clare_M
    Clare_M Posts: 68
    Funnily enough I know the guy who is defending cyclists on there from another car forum, a Subaru one! LOL :)
    I was a fatty, then I took up cycling and can now eat cake guilt free!

"Triples are for girls" My Husband, 2010. (Evidently not for this girl though!)
  • CRAIGO5000
    CRAIGO5000 Posts: 697
    They don't even pay road tax!

Must.....resist.... to point out stupidity.
    Ribble Stealth/SRAM Force
    2007 Specialized Allez (Double) FCN - 3
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Clare_M wrote:
    Funnily enough I know the guy who is defending cyclists on there from another car forum, a Subaru one! LOL :)

Scoobies :roll:

:lol:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • turnerjohn
    DonDaddyD wrote:

derrr it was an E90 web forum...not exactly hard to figure !

00346.jpg

so that should read "can't afford one" then eh :wink:
  • richVSrich
    richVSrich Posts: 527
    ok so maybe i was a little hot headed when i posted this earlier - was having an intense day at work, then my mate was winding me up :P

i didnt mean really to respond on their forum - as it is unnecessary, they seem to have good people on there too..

and i do see their point - there are some idiots out there ...on all forms of transport!! (and peds too :P)

plus i would never think of myself as a bmw kinda guy, for some reason the grills on those cars do not look good to me at all!...maybe more an audi (not that i have one!) :)

hope everyone is having a good friday eve - just been to see fast and furious 5....entertaining (and eye rolling!)